Pine straw rake to landscape rake

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
Has anyone replaced the pine straw rake tines with landscape rake tines?? Everything is so expensive these days I looked and can get 30 landscape tines for half the price if a landscape rake. Help me out here with ideas or thoughts

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
There're two different applications, I suggest looking for a used landscape rake. I not sure if your pine straw rake frame is robust enough, to do what a landscape rake can do.

Billbo

Equipment
B2320 HST
Jan 4, 2022
South Louisiana
There're two different applications, I suggest looking for a used landscape rake. I not sure if your pine straw rake frame is robust enough, to do what a landscape rake can do.
Thank you Motion. You’re probably right too on the frame being too light. I have a pine straw rake and the wire tines are just too flimsy to do any ‘raking’ of small limbs and big sticks etc. They just bend back and slide over. Work great on pine straw etc but not larger limbs and sticks.
I have seen some pretty light looking landscape rakes and just thought I might be able to switch out the tube for tine Thanks for your response