Picking up a Landpride 1064

Michigankubota

Equipment
B2650 Loader,LX 2980-64 Blower ,60”MMM , Land Pride 60”Box Blade.
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I found a SB1064 that’s 3 years old and like new. I can’t pass on it. The local
Dealer said he would give me $1300 trade on my 60” Farm King blower when I called for new prices today, so I though it would be a good time to sell and upgrade.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Great Plains sems to build quality stuff. I bought a 96" rear chopper this fall. Sitting in the barn for next year. Even painted Orange II.

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
Congrats on your score.

I have about a 10 year old 50" Buhler 500 blower. Very good condition, but a bit weather worn. It isn't the most ideal I suppose. My tractor is capable of much more capacity then the 50", but it works well, was cheap and available close to home.

Michigankubota

Equipment
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
After about 5-6 hours last night going over the blower it’s interesting some people don’t do maintenance. It had a bent and torn Auger paddle that I fixed but traced back to the seized auger drive shaft where it’s protected by a shear bolt. One of The pto shield bearing grease fittings wasn’t drilled all the way through so it wouldn’t take grease. I dont like Land Prides gear box set up due to there’s no drain plug. They recommend sucking the gear oil out of the fill plug to change it. That’s the craziest idea I’ve seen. Unless they figure it’s not something that needs frequent changing. My FK blowers chute with the cable set up turns faster with less rotations of the handle compared to the LP gear set up.

All in all seems to be very well built with greaseable auger bearings.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I probably should have posted my Lucknow 72" blower on here but I sold it for 2500 private sale (local). Was a nice machine with hydraulic chute rotation and the gearbox was drainable...lol I added Meyers adjustable skid shoes and a removable cutter bar on the bottom.

I hardly ever used it and I bought a used 10 foot retired county plow for the Kubby an added a 2 pin Bobcat style hitch plate that attaches to my ATI 2 pin on the M9. It has power angle and for 800 bucks was impossible to pass up. Needs a new cutting edge but that is in the shop right now. This summer I will have to address some cracked welds and it needs a new 5 gallon finish in Orange II.

Michigankubota

Equipment
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I probably should have posted my Lucknow 72" blower on here but I sold it for 2500 private sale (local). Was a nice machine with hydraulic chute rotation and the gearbox was drainable...lol I added Meyers adjustable skid shoes and a removable cutter bar on the bottom.

I hardly ever used it and I bought a used 10 foot retired county plow for the Kubby an added a 2 pin Bobcat style hitch plate that attaches to my ATI 2 pin on the M9. It has power angle and for 800 bucks was impossible to pass up. Needs a new cutting edge but that is in the shop right now. This summer I will have to address some cracked welds and it needs a new 5 gallon finish in Orange II.

For the LYFE of me I dint know why there***8217;s no drain... I am selling my 60***8221; Farm King blower in Kobata orange. I suppose I could post It on here.
I ordered a cutting edge for my LP for $36 plus shipping that bolts on. I have the outer skid shoes on my LP.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Michigan - post a couple pictures of your new blower if you can. Curious how it looks...

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I moved to southern Missouri from northern Illinois to be near my wife's family.
I left 20 deg.winters with 18" of snow for 40 deg. winters with nearly no snow.
That's a plus.
But I cannot imagine driving a tractor backwards to plow snow. Must be a young guy thing.
Back in Illinois I had an old Ace Hardware lawn tractor with a 8hp horizontal shaft motor. I had a 42 or 48" snow blade for it that had to weigh 120# at least.
When we got our ridiculous snowfalls in Illinois I would crank up that little beast and push the snow into piles higher than the hood. I was amazed what that little machine could do. Of course that was 20+ years ago and that activity was fueled by gas for the tractor and brandy for me.
Now I wait 3 days and the snow is gone.
No plowing, no blowing...just a warm house and an adult beverage.

Michigankubota

Equipment
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
I moved to southern Missouri from northern Illinois to be near my wife's family.
I left 20 deg.winters with 18" of snow for 40 deg. winters with nearly no snow.
That's a plus.
But I cannot imagine driving a tractor backwards to plow snow. Must be a young guy thing.
Back in Illinois I had an old Ace Hardware lawn tractor with a 8hp horizontal shaft motor. I had a 42 or 48" snow blade for it that had to weigh 120# at least.
When we got our ridiculous snowfalls in Illinois I would crank up that little beast and push the snow into piles higher than the hood. I was amazed what that little machine could do. Of course that was 20+ years ago and that activity was fueled by gas for the tractor and brandy for me.
Now I wait 3 days and the snow is gone.
No plowing, no blowing...just a warm house and an adult beverage.
Hahah!!
When I bought my tractor I was set on a front blower. I already have a 3/4 HD Silverado and a western plow I used but we had our driveway blacktopped this fall, between not wanting to wreak the landscaping now and our last few falls being very wet and rutting up the yard with the truck I wanted a blower.
I wanted to keep my loader on so I went with a rear mount. It’s not as bad as you would think to look back. Now if I had to blow all day it would be diff. Blowing my driveway I find to be faster than plowing with my truck and a heck of a lot funer. Lol

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
This area receives significant snowfall. Personal experience: the blade is much faster than the snow blower. Rear mounted snow blowing requires a gift certificate for the chiropractor as ideal Xmas gift. If used w/ an open station tractor, one must appreciate wearing as much snow as the blower discharges.
YMMV

Michigankubota

Equipment
Oct 17, 2018
Bessemer, Western U.P.
This area receives significant snowfall. Personal experience: the blade is much faster than the snow blower. Rear mounted snow blowing requires a gift certificate for the chiropractor as ideal Xmas gift. If used w/ an open station tractor, one must appreciate wearing as much snow as the blower discharges.
YMMV

We receive between 150-250 inches a year. We are on the Snowbelt. Blades , blowers it all depends where you moving snow. For my needs the blower is much faster than my 2017 HD with a Western. Depending on the wind you may eat snow. Something we get used to on the snow belt. When I was in the commercial snow removal business there’s roads I would only use a blade on. All depends where and what. The idea with my situation is I dont want to push snow to the end of the property to keep enough room until our snow storms stop in late May some years.