Photo needed of parking brake on a BX23S (2020), Please.

GS340

Equipment
bx23s
Aug 23, 2021
Manassas
Hello. New to the forum. I had a little off road issue with the tractor, a branch/log, and the parking brake latch on the left side of the tractor. It got bent. I took it to the purchasing dealer were they had it for a week. Picked it up today and it's still not working correctly. It looks like they tried to bend parts back but something is off.

I can take it back but I was hoping maybe someone could post a few pictures of the area below their driver's foot. maybe I can see if I can fix vs another 2 hour round trip drive. I doubt I can though... Only way to fix it is to replace all the linkages is my best guess.

Thanks in advance.

I also tried searching google for images and diagrams but no luck. I did take a short video and sent it to the dealer. no word yet.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Still at work but if/when I get home in an hour I'll try to remember..............

GS340

Equipment
bx23s
Aug 23, 2021
Manassas
Part labeled 80 was bent and twisted and would not engage. It looks like the dealer removed it and bent it back.

my concerns are no spring tension and the cruise control spring isn’t attached or maybe has a broken end

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
hope this helps.
(and NO comments about the cleanliness! It's new(ish) and dammit I'm an accountant not a farmer)
brake1.JPG
brake2.JPG
brake3.JPG

PaulR

Equipment
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
OP I think you're right, my spring has tension and pulls the bar back and the tab on the far side away from the driveshaft carrier. quite a few pounds of tension to move that spring and make the tab hit the carrier.
I think your spring is wasted, I see a gap there where it looks stretched.

GS340

Equipment
bx23s
Aug 23, 2021
Manassas
Thank you for the photos. It’s not fixed. I paid for it to be fixed and it should be fixed. The parking brake spring has zero tension and hits the carrier bearing and the cruise control rod thingy, whatever it’s called, wasn’t even put back or looked At. This is so frustrating

I’ll have to take it back and ask they replace the bent rods

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
This should be under warranty!

tractorb

Equipment
BX23S
Sep 19, 2021
Washington
I caused the damage so I would assume not but I do have the Kubota care program with the $250 deductible. I paid little more than 250 though and did question it.
did you ever figure this out? I am having a similar problem where the parking brake won’t catch and instead the pedal hits the driveshaft before it can reach. My spring seems to be fine though, but maybe looks deceive.

GS340

Equipment
bx23s
Aug 23, 2021
Manassas
did you ever figure this out? I am having a similar problem where the parking brake won’t catch and instead the pedal hits the driveshaft before it can reach. My spring seems to be fine though, but maybe looks deceive.
picked it up this past Thursday. The dealer replaced all the rods, linkages, springs, etc.. Total came to $880ish. I have the Kubota insurance so I paid the deductible of $250.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The dealership should have ordered the correct parts to fix it properly the first time, and instead, they gave it to someone that wasn't qualified to make the repair. If they were qualified, they would have checked their work to make sure that it was functional before it left the shop. I also blame the service manager, because it is part of his job to make sure that a repair is completed and functioning properly. If they can't complete a simple mechanical repair properly, I wouldn't want to trust them to do a more complex repair, such as steering or driveline work.

skiff

Equipment
BX23S, B2150, 7100
Jul 10, 2023
I did a nice job bending my parking brake, denting my left rear fender and the air intake screen.. not so much damage to my GMC pick-up. Wasn't sure if the toothed part on the brake was supposed to be bent so your pics helped. Reminder to all. Look behind when you back up. I forgot I left my tractor in the drive after moving a cargo trailer I just sold. Lucky it was on gravel or could have been worse. I think I can bend the brake back in shape, if not $160 or so from Messick's. Screen is not so noticeable. Get to do some body work this winter or maybe just leave it the dent as a reminder.