Phone rings, 8:50 AM.

alleyyooper

Equipment
3301 and FL
Sep 20, 2017
Michigan
The Phione rings 8:50 AM this morning.

Hello I say.

This is Brad, checking to see if your awake.

I have been awake since 2:30 AM, It is christmas morning here.

Well good it is loaded on the trailer and I will release it to hit the road.

How long you think it will take to get here, About an hour?

Sounds about right.

Ok I will be waiting for it.

Have fun and enjoy your new Kubota, good by.

At. 9:20 AM wife hears a noise out front as I am getting my boots on. She says he is here, backed half way down the 400' drive.

I go out and the drive asks if he is at the right place. Yes sir your are as he drops the tail gate and starts takeing the tie downs off.

First thing i notice is the bucket, was supposed to be the pined one but is a quick release, I ask about it and was told is yours since promise delivery date was this morning and the pined bucket loader did narrive. The came and Loaded the tires with beet juice Wednesday.

Owners manual is in the tool box for the loader and tractor. I ask if I can check the oil with out raiseing rhe hood as they showed me at the dealers. So he shows me you can and said I don't know why they didn't paint it red yellow or even white so you could see it.

Unloaded it and then gave me a quick run down on the steps to remove thr loader, showed me grease points on the loader and some on the tractor they missed on Tuesday, day we signed the papers.

First order of bussiness was to rescue the Ford 5000 back in the woods I had ran out of gas and couldn't get it to start. Wife says She didn't think she was going to be useing it.
Well you are so get in the seat so I can show you some things.

So the ford was towed and started and parked. Now the pictures you all been wanting to see of the New 3301 with the front loader and non manual trip bucket.

The rear of thr Kubota so you can see the rescued tractor in the back ground.

:D. Al

alleyyooper

Equipment
3301 and FL
Sep 20, 2017
Michigan
OK right from the git go when I finished with the pictures I discovered what the wife said about the seat switch. Just lean a tad to thr right and the tractor will shut down. That switch is first on the list to be modified with a metal tab that holds the stupid thing down at all times.

Lean to the right to check the log I am skidding and the tractor quit Not once Not twice but a good half dozen times before I just quit looking back.

Wish the seat would adjust back just a little more too.

Back is up and forward is down.

HEY LOOK MA, no trip rod.

I am not grinning.

Got to remember to tilt the bucket when loaded with wood going up.
Not only mud covered now but a dent in the hood from a ugly.

Trip tomorrow to see if ai can find a real tool box. I can only fit one sandwich in that bitty thing. Also see if i can find some indrustal screen and flat stock and make a bucket guard.

will get a picture tomorrow maybe og ther tool for raiseing and lowering the ROPS system.

:D Al

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Congrats on your new toy....errr.....necessary piece of equipment.
Don't worry about the little ding....there will be more.
Looks good and it's a great size tractor.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
She's a real beauty. One piece I added quickly and have really used a lot is the handle on the right fender.

Now, I agree that the seat switch can be a real pain but a necessary safety piece. What I did was modify it so that it takes more than a lean to cut the engine off. If you ever put the tractor on its side, you will be very thankful that that switch is there and it could save your life..

Last edited:

alleyyooper

Equipment
3301 and FL
Sep 20, 2017
Michigan
Am now 70 years old and was taught how to drive a tractor when I was 8 years old on the farm. I have never rolled or put one on it's side in all that time and since I have over 20 tractors in my collection now with out a stupid seat switch made for brain dead people I don't intend to modify one that will work when it is just as easy to modify it to never stop the tractor when just looking back at a piece of equipment.

:D. Al

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Nope, I didn''t think you were grinning.:D Congratulations, you will love it. I have had mine about three years now and still grin when I have to get her out.

I too had problems with the seat switch. I kept bending it up and it would keep bending back down. I weigh about 150 pounds dripping wet and whenever I would drive across my yard or field the tractor would sound like an old johnny popper trying to run because of me bouncing on the seat. Finally had to make one more modification to the switch....I hung it on a peg in my barn.:rolleyes:

No more problems. Enjoy!

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
Well, the seat switch is just scratching the surface as far as the way they are engineering vehicles today Dumbing down everything.. self parking etc... I was raised that if you can't back up a trailer then you shouldn't ever be in front of one. I mean the way they are dumbing things down now it is almost scary.. bad enough now on the highway at night people that very rarely go out of town don't know what a dimmer switch is...technology isn't all good when it makes someone capable of things that they really shouldn't be!! Just My 2 cents..

alleyyooper

Equipment
3301 and FL
Sep 20, 2017
Michigan
Started with people who would get off a running lawn tractor and cut their feet off.

Then the back up switch because they never looked behind and ran over a kid wirth the mower. Kid should have been indoors in the first place.

I shudder evey time I drive by a place and the dumb bass is holding a really small child while mowing. there is a reason they don't come with TWO SEATS.

They should make lawn mowers so those to dumb to run one right can't mow so short they pick up rocks and throw it.

Even the ROPS system is a result of people not having the brains god gave a goose.

Any way I am going to fix that seat SWITCH TODAY first thing. then the seat belt so it isn't so close to the shifter a bad place to put it unmoving. Remove that childs shoe box of fthe back and get some thing bigger than a lunch box not smaller.

I am going to enjoy it I think a lot. I will learn how to raise the bucket and tilt it at the same time so I don't have uglys roll out and bounce of the hood.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Alleyyooper, you said, "They should make lawn mowers so those to dumb to run one right can't mow so short they pick up rocks and throw it."

That's the very thing you're complaining about!:D

Use to be push the clutch, turn the key...and off you went.

Now all these safety switches are the processes to keep the "dummies" from the problems. BUT the "un-dummies" get the same medicine!

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
The SSQA may be a good mistake if you ever get other impliments. Mine came with it and I was not familiar with the concept but after playing with it I like it, makes changing bucket and blade easy and fast. Just make sure you tilt it enough to get it to seat properly.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Glad that the B2650 does not have the seat safety switch full time, I think it does when the PTO is engaged. My Husqvarna mower has it and it takes some getting used to.

alleyyooper

Equipment
3301 and FL
Sep 20, 2017
Michigan
Made a finger to hold down the seat switch, also got a real tool box for it that can hold more than a sandwich.
Will get pictures soon, I am in the middle of restoreing the painted part of my old Buicks wheels. Want to finish them while the heat will dry them good.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Glad that the B2650 does not have the seat safety switch full time, I think it does when the PTO is engaged. My Husqvarna mower has it and it takes some getting used to.
It does. When my 2650 was new, mine thought I was too thin to drive it :p, dealer had to replace it. A correctly functioning and installed seat switch will stop the tractor if you stand up, but not if you lean or turn around in the seat.

Alleyyooper, if your tractor is new, try bugging your dealer to fix yours.

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Made a finger to hold down the seat switch, also got a real tool box for it that can hold more than a sandwich.

Will get pictures soon, I am in the middle of restoreing the painted part of my old Buicks wheels. Want to finish them while the heat will dry them good.

[emoji3] Al

That painted part on your cars wheels is amazing. Perfect round white circle and all the same width. Nice paint work [emoji15]