People on this forum

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Just a quick shout out. I've never come across a better group of people on a forum than this one and I've been a active forum member of a ton of them over many years.

Is it a Kubota thing? Is it a tractor thing? Is it the natural DIY attitude in all of us? Is it the color orange?

Whatever it is, the world needs more of it. Good people helping others looking for nothing in return. No egos, no a$$holes. It's a great site to visit to restore my faith in the human race:D.

Kind of balances out what I have to read on the Corvette forum....yikes, what a group jerks.

Keep it going!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I think it is an

ORANGE

thing!!!!:D;):)

but you are right - damn good folks here, all across the map!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Is it a Kubota thing? Is it a tractor thing? Is it the natural DIY attitude in all of us? Is it the color orange?
Nah, its a Northeast thing!!:p:p

Just kidding, of course.

but you are right - damn good folks here, all across the map!
So true, not a north/south/east/west, or even UK, Poland or Thailand thing!!

Like you guys said, its something great, and I'm very happy to be a very small part of it!!

Best wishes for a safe, healthy, and Happy New Year to all!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I think that it is a combination of things, but people are people; if standards aren't set, modeled, and maintained, a forum goes down hill. So, I believe that it starts with fair and consistent policies, then mature moderators, and finally a body of people who are respectful and give others the benefit of the doubt.

Once there is an ambiance established, then mature members can gently keep in check those who want to troll or stir up trouble. It works here, and I belong to another forum- Sigtalk- that is very similar. A great bunch of folks, and when someone comes along who wants to start trouble, they gently push back, but they don't flame the person. Take your licks, but stay around and give it a second shot. Either they are just immature and deserve a second chance, or they are intent on being trouble, and they move along. Either way, the members haven't stooped to their level. They maintain a mature forum without the moderators having to do a lot of intervention.

Compared to some other forums out there, OTT (and Sigtalk) are a real joy to be a part of.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
And here goes skeet, trying to start a fight!!! (G) I think it's because the kind of person who uses a tractor has some kind of basic connection to dirt, from which I believe we originated from. That kind of person has an understanding that man's life is better when shared with others and helping one another. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, maybe...

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
I really enjoy being part of this. I am on many forums and have quit participating on some forum because they are wankers!

I am a firearm fanatic and have met some unique individuals on some sites.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
What Hodge said, I've dropped out of all motorcycle, ATV, UTV forums and only participate in this and TBN, TBN is a good site, but no where near as friendly as OTT.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
What Hodge said, I've dropped out of all motorcycle, ATV, UTV forums and only participate in this and TBN, TBN is a good site, but no where near as friendly as OTT.
I agree :D I too only belong to the two sites. TBN is ok, but seems pretty clanish. I comment once in a great while. When I asked for help on something, I finally had a reply about a week after I figured out the issue :rolleyes:

This sight is much more friendly and helpful :D the responses and help along with diagrams and solutions usually only take a day at most :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I agree. Many forums since the internet was a kid.
RCC was my dodge truck go to site for many years, until it changed hands. It fell apart and i lost interest.
Motorized bicycle forums seem to be the next favorite, one is awesome- others not so much.
Also visit practical machinist forum, is a good forum, but its a little too formal for me.

This is like home to me, does the soul good to hang out with good people.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Skeets, you almost got it right, "Yep just one big old dysfunctional family".

Should be, "Yep just one big old multi-functional family."

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Yeah it's great here butttttt.. I heard the moderators here.... well; the coach one at least, was a real PITA:D

Another board that is pretty much friendly like this one is the Unimog forum at Benzworld. Heard one of their past moderators was a real PITA too though. There's always got to be one:cool:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I agree, best forum & forum members I've dealt with, hands down.
I, too, have dropped out of all forums except this one & a robot forum- the robot one is a bit cliquish, but not too bad. Hell, even the Rhino forum that I moderated wasn't as nice as OTT.:D

hollnagelc

Equipment
L3200HST, 5' brush hog, 5' box blade, 6' finish mower, 4' tiller
Apr 15, 2013
East TX
Very good people here from what I've seen. Definetly glad to be a member here. [emoji482]

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
You know what they say about "birds of a feather..."

:)

I just hope the moderation of these sites is left up to the "owner mods." Some people are pushing for government control of Internet traffic and that will be the end of the last bastion of freedom of expression.

Happy New Year to my Orange brothers and sisters.

Ray

Last edited:

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
Having been a moderator for several off road forums and participant in numerous other forums, agree this forum has the most helpful and polite membership I think of all.

Thoughts. Kubota to me means not buying cheap, but buying quality, which in the long term does mean lower cost.. Have done the same with cars.

It takes a certain mindset and I guess knowledge level of all things mechanical to subscribe to this philosophy.. The book "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" captured this outlook perfectly.. No zen in the book, except maybe the thought that mechanical things will talk to you about their needs if you have the ability to understand, and just listen.

Good questions are responded to with knowledgable answers.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I think the greatest quality of this forum is the quickness a response is received. Old or new, if a person post a question I would say very seldom a day goes by before someone has posted a response.

I've posted questions on other forums and never received a response. I posted a hyd. question on TBN and got no response about 9 months ago!

Some forums are too broad based, or just too big and there is no focus on a topic. That does not happen here.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
The Polaris UTV site is like that. Lots of posts go unanswered. Plus kaboodles of spam posts. Lots of askers and very few answerers. Very few want to undertake basic repairs or routine maintenance or upgrades. They just want it fixed or answered now. And, now somebody has bought all the Polaris sites to put them under one company. The mods get little help in cutting back on spam. Its pretty depressing.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Great family we have here. Always a good day when your looking over an orange hood. Happy New Year folks.