pats quick hitch

Ladair

Equipment
Kubota l3400
Feb 19, 2018
Newark, Tx.
After several months of research I have decided to go with pats quick hitch for my l3400. I will also need to replace my top link as it is frozen completely.
(pipe wrench and 260# jumping on it) it wont budge. Its extended pretty far anyhow, I don't think it will be long enough
Along with a few other items. AGRI Supply seems to be the best bang for the buck. 169 for the cat1 hitch.
So who do the Orange folks go to for their online parts and supplies.
Thanks for looking in

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
Agri Supply has prices that can't be beat, but Rural King is offering free shipping for most orders over $99. Even if the item you want requires a freight charge they are closer to you than Agri Supply.

I have the Pat's on my BX. It adds about 3 inches to the length of your lower arms so a longer top link was necessary for me. Out here in the PNW we have Wilco Farm stores. My new longer top link must have been gold plated for the price!

BTW, the Pat's is great but in my case I garage my BX with the backhoe attached most times. The Pat's will double the weight of your 3 point rig, makes it a chore to put on, but pays you back in implement hookup time.

For hard to locate Kubota parts try Messicks if your local dealer can't help you.

I used to live close to the Agri Supply in Statesboro, GA. That store has everything you can think of and some things you've never seen before. Fun place to wander around.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Objections to Pat's?

The attachment does not accommodate various widths without difficulty.

Ladair

Equipment
Kubota l3400
Feb 19, 2018
Newark, Tx.
Objections to Pat's?

thought a lot about that as well. but I only have three attachments. brush hog, box blade, and post hole digger. the hitch, I think will have to come off for the post hole digger. I mainly use the box blade.
so I should be good.

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
Struggling with my post hole digger was why I bought the Pat's hitch!
It's still too wet to dig holes up here, but I'm going to try it out later today. If it doesn't work I will have to rig up a way to adapt the top mount because it's a real bear to line up the lower PHD pins. I will report back with the results.

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
Objections to Pat's?

Why is this?
I don't understand as widths are the same with or without a Quick Hitch.
Am I missing something here?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
The Pat's adaptors are not fitted with ball ends. The lifting lugs bind on the implement pins when the pins are spaced significantly wider or narrower than the adaptors are set for.

Not all 3pt setups have the same pin spacing width . At least not the ones in my inventory of implements.

Ladair

Equipment
Kubota l3400
Feb 19, 2018
Newark, Tx.
I would think with pats it would allow for different width implements because it allows the lower links to float more in and out......so to speak.
but, I don't have that much experience this sort of thing. the three implements I have are all the same width.
if I can hook and unhook without kicking,,,,pulling,,,,,tugging,,,breaking my back and knees, im going to be fine

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Not sure about message in post 6 and 7. Some width variance does exist w/ cat 1
Implements but I have not experienced any "binding". The ends are cast w/ inward offset, providing adequate tolerance in width. Mine came w/ adjustable telescoping connecting rod/bar which makes hook-up adjustment infinite. My factory link ends are adjustable in projection if implement not square to tractor. Rural King Was my source, free shipping, connecting rod included. My factory links are Cat2. My model is Cat 2 at links, Cat1 at implement side. My only regret is waiting too long to purchase this upgreade. The choice of included shims is critical, read, yes read instructions!!. Also did not understand reference how the weight is doubled on the lower links?, using this device. The implement connection is only slightly rearward of the factory position. I use multiple 3 point attachments, zero issues.

EDIT: My top link is hydraulic, no additional adjustments were required.

Last edited:

Redbusdriver

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S MMM PHD Grapple
Apr 13, 2017
Vancouver WA
I think you are reading too much into my lower link weight comment. The Pat's are robust and heavy. Add this weight to the end of the lower arms doubles the weight of the lower arm itself. I'm not a spring chicken anymore, hooking up the lower arms to the tractor end takes much more heft. I've learned to hook up the lift arms first to take some of the weight off. I'd much rather struggle with this than struggle spearing the ball ends with a very heavy implement.

I got mine at Rural King as well, free shipping and came with the spreader bar. Have had no troubles hooking up any of my attachments but the wider it spreads the more angled it gets. As you mentioned, the design accommodates this.

Rain and chores have prevented my PHD hookup test, maybe tomorrow...

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
The Pat's adaptors are not fitted with ball ends. The lifting lugs bind on the implement pins when the pins are spaced significantly wider or narrower than the adaptors are set for.

Not all 3pt setups have the same pin spacing width . At least not the ones in my inventory of implements.
I see what you are saying now!

streak

Equipment
B2650 Cab
Aug 4, 2015
Purcellville, VA
I too am in the market for a quick hitch of some sort. I only use two implements, a mower and a rear blade. I'm leaning towards not Pat's.

My concern is that a QH won't work with my rear blade.

Can anyone tell me if this will work without the adaptor? If not I'm wondering if I can swap the pin location with the bolt location and then it would work as long as the QH hook can be dropped to fit. There is about 2 3/4" between the two.

Thanks for your info.

Attachments

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
Not sure about message in post 6 and 7. Some width variance does exist w/ cat 1
Implements but I have not experienced any "binding". The ends are cast w/ inward offset, providing adequate tolerance in width. Mine came w/ adjustable telescoping connecting rod/bar which makes hook-up adjustment infinite. My factory link ends are adjustable in projection if implement not square to tractor. Rural King Was my source, free shipping, connecting rod included. My factory links are Cat2. My model is Cat 2 at links, Cat1 at implement side. My only regret is waiting too long to purchase this upgreade. The choice of included shims is critical, read, yes read instructions!!. Also did not understand reference how the weight is doubled on the lower links?, using this device. The implement connection is only slightly rearward of the factory position. I use multiple 3 point attachments, zero issues.

EDIT: My top link is hydraulic, no additional adjustments were required.
What hydraulic top link did you buy, as I am looking for one?

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
Ic12,

I did NOT choose the popular brand that seems the preference of "most experts".

I simple chose a hydraulic cylinder from surplus center that has swivel ball ends. The ball ends occur at both cylinder terminations.

The width of the ball end should fit within the top link space at tractor point and adapt to accomodation provided at implement. The swivel allows for any lateral movement allowed by lower link stabilizers.

Surplus center offers these cylinders under their own brand name and the wolverine/prince name. Pin diameters vary by bore size. Recommend that if you elect this choice, select the largest bore within your stroke range.

I have these one 2 tractors. There is an issue with kubota rear remote valves bypassing oil back to the reservoir over time but that condition is not attributable to the cylinders. I will provide this feature to a third tractor in coming weeks.