Pats Quick Hitch review

Ladair

Equipment
Kubota l3400
Feb 19, 2018
Newark, Tx.
I know this subject has been discussed plenty of times. But I Just wanted to give my opinion/review of pats quick hitch that I recently purchased.
I did a lot of research on quick hitch options before I made a decision to go with Pats quick hitch for my L3400.
After installing the quick hitch I still had to make several adjustments to get them lined up properly. So for me it wasn’t a set and forget it install.
I am more than happy with this set up. The hook up is effortless to say the least.
Back up, raise the 3-point, adjust the top link and go. My stuff doesn’t set on perfectly level ground. So top link adjustment is necessary.
My box blade and mower are slightly different widths so the spreader bar helps quite a bit.
I almost paid the 400 plus for the land pride quick hitch. One thing I did hear about them was that it’s difficult to get pto shaft hooked up because of the limited space. Plus my impliments being a slightly different width of which I didn’t think about until I installed pats.
Overall I think I made the correct decision and highly recommend Pats quick hitch.

spacemanspiff

Equipment
M5-111
Dec 4, 2015
Lower ,AL
My only complaint was I had to make a toplink extension. The drilling was the worst part.

The spring broke on installation and they sent me a complete set, no questions asked.

I have them on both tractors in cat 1 and cat 2.

Last edited:

armydoc78

Nov 28, 2016
Jefferson, SC
I installed Pat’s on my L3901. Took a bit of adjusting to get them to fit right, but definitely worth it in the end. The bar is to wide for the backend, but adjusting the links on the side allows for me to move from implement to implement with ease. Putting everything up on pallets or propped up on logs really made hooking up that much easier since the ground where my equipment sits is also a bit uneven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
A bit of an aside ..

I bought the Pat's units to allow a single PTO shaft length to work between two tractors.
The extra length provided by the Pat's add on's being a solution to allow my B7200 to drive a MacKissic chipper shredder.
Wouldn't you know, the chipper shredder has "non-standard" cat 1 pins welded on. These non standard pins will not accommodate the Pat's retention washers and hitch pins. A bit short.

I need to adjust the lift arm spread width very carefully to prevent un-hitching in the event of resistance during backing up etc.

Rather a unique issue to be sure, but .... hey! It happened to me ;-)

Ladair

Equipment
Kubota l3400
Feb 19, 2018
Newark, Tx.
I watched that video more than once. But I also saw nevegative videos on all the other guick hitches. Not everyone likes everything. I had to do something. My wore out knees and back won’t tolerate many implement changes.
Pats just seemed to be a good fit for me. After this weekend of changing from box blade to brush hog I now feel they are perfect for me.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
I've had mine a couple of years and recently bought a top link with a 20" tube to make up the 4" between the lower pin holes and the Pat's. I have more flexibility now and if I were to go with a hydraulic top link would need one with a longer throw on the piston. Still love 'em though - they make hook ups a breeze.

Ladair

Equipment
Kubota l3400
Feb 19, 2018
Newark, Tx.
I've had mine a couple of years and recently bought a top link with a 20" tube to make up the 4" between the lower pin holes and the Pat's. I have more flexibility now and if I were to go with a hydraulic top link would need one with a longer throw on the piston. Still love 'em though - they make hook ups a breeze.
Yup. I had to buy a 20” top link as well. I was going to replace mine anyway as it was frozen up. I put a pipe wrench and my over 250 of you know what bouncing on it. Never could get it to budge.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
MBU, that's an interesting hitch. In the second video he also had that hitch on this top link. That makes for an easy connection. Are the cupped washers on the pins standard?

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
MBU, that's an interesting hitch. In the second video he also had that hitch on this top link. That makes for an easy connection. Are the cupped washers on the pins standard?
John Deere used the detachable ball type top link in the 60-70's, not sure why they went by the way side.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Wow. Those Euro links are sweet. I might have considered those had I known about them.

I don't swap out implements too often but the Pat's hooks work better than the OEM. By lengthening your 3pt arms, you are reducing your implement capacity due to the additional length of the hooks. For most CAT 1 implements that's not a big deal (my tiller weighs 900 lbs -the heaviest thing I own).

As somebody said, dropping implements on a pallet or cart seems to make the process easier for hook-up. I made carts for my implements so they come off the carts and go back on. That makes positioning much easier.

My only beef with the Pat's hooks is, I cannot adjust the bolts enough to get the hooks pointed straight back. They are canted slightly off. Seems to me, they would be better if they floated a little on the ball at the end of the arm. Maybe that defeats the purpose of being able to back up and raise your hitch and hook the implement. The Euro hitch with the balls seems like a better idea to me because it aligns itself on the ball and latches.

CHOICES CHOICES!!!! :)

Ladair

Equipment
Kubota l3400
Feb 19, 2018
Newark, Tx.
Wow. Those Euro links are sweet. I might have considered those had I known about them.

I don't swap out implements too often but the Pat's hooks work better than the OEM. By lengthening your 3pt arms, you are reducing your implement capacity due to the additional length of the hooks. For most CAT 1 implements that's not a big deal (my tiller weighs 900 lbs -the heaviest thing I own).

As somebody said, dropping implements on a pallet or cart seems to make the process easier for hook-up. I made carts for my implements so they come off the carts and go back on. That makes positioning much easier.

My only beef with the Pat's hooks is, I cannot adjust the bolts enough to get the hooks pointed straight back. They are canted slightly off. Seems to me, they would be better if they floated a little on the ball at the end of the arm. Maybe that defeats the purpose of being able to back up and raise your hitch and hook the implement. The Euro hitch with the balls seems like a better idea to me because it aligns itself on the ball and latches.

CHOICES CHOICES!!!! :)

I have the same problem with mine. I think the geometry changes as the 3point is raised or lowered. Down I can get them pretty straight. Lifted they seem to twist to the inside a bit. My plan is to work on some more fine tuning. But they work pretty dang good.

Ladair

Equipment
Kubota l3400
Feb 19, 2018
Newark, Tx.
I like Pats QH, but I went the route of a Land Pride QH15. Really like it yep cost more but happy with my purchase.

I think you made a good choice. That was my first. Went so far as to order thru a kubota dealer. My cost thru them 425. And again after lots of thought I decided on pats at 165. I even went by and visited with the sales guy and him and I set and watched videos on pats. He was pretty impressed. Even after I told him I was changing my mind.

The Deerslayer

Equipment
L3901
Feb 25, 2018
Willington,CT,USA
I have had my Pat's for about 6 years or so. My only regret is I did not get it sooner. ;)Installed it on it on my L2250 and then made sure I kept it when I upgraded to my L3901 a couple years ago.

I originally bought the Harbor Freight QH, but as I'm sure many know;it would have required modifications to work with any of my implements.