Parking Brake Pedal

Hans1214

Equipment
BX25 BXPanded forks, lights, under armor, thumb and tooth bar. 24" BH bucket
Jul 4, 2014
Pee Dee, SC USA
The parking brake won't engage when I press down on the locking pedal. Any suggestions on what to look for. Thanks!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The parking brake won't engage when I press down on the locking pedal. Any suggestions on what to look for. Thanks!
I'm guessing this is on your BX25?

Look under - there is a locking device from the locking pedal to the brake pedal, see if all of that is in place

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hans look onthe deck there should be a small piece of metal sticking up when you want to set the brake press the brake pedal and step onthe other piece and let your foot off the brake pedal while holding you foot on the other ,you brake is now set,,, to release just press the brake

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hans look onthe deck there should be a small piece of metal sticking up when you want to set the brake press the brake pedal and step onthe other piece and let your foot off the brake pedal while holding you foot on the other ,you brake is now set,,, to release just press the brake
Skeets,

I think he is saying that is will not grab like it should - hopefully he will respond and make it clearer. He says he is pressing on the locking pedal - but like you said there is a combination that must be followed to work correctly.:)

Hans1214

Equipment
BX25 BXPanded forks, lights, under armor, thumb and tooth bar. 24" BH bucket
Jul 4, 2014
Pee Dee, SC USA
Sorry not to have gotten back to anybody, had shoulder surgery and am just getting around. I know that to set the brake I have to depress the brake pedal and then push down on the locking "pedal" in the middle of my BX25. The locking pedal is in the down position and doesn't return up for some reason. I can't get under the tractor with my shoulder the way it is right now to see what is wrong. Might be a broken or unhooked spring I would guess. Just hoping somebody had been through this before or knew what might be wrong. Thanks for your patience.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Sorry not to have gotten back to anybody, had shoulder surgery and am just getting around. I know that to set the brake I have to depress the brake pedal and then push down on the locking "pedal" in the middle of my BX25. The locking pedal is in the down position and doesn't return up for some reason. I can't get under the tractor with my shoulder the way it is right now to see what is wrong. Might be a broken or unhooked spring I would guess. Just hoping somebody had been through this before or knew what might be wrong. Thanks for your patience.
Ok, you caught me at a bad time! In the shed- nuttin to do!!!!:D

Looking under the BX25 - there is a multitoothed locking mechanism and a spring that holds back when released. If the spring is not there, there would be no way to release it, get someone to look under and see if that spring has come unhooked.

[/IMG]

Joncarey82

Equipment
BX 23S
Sep 30, 2021
Idaho
I have the same issue. After getting under there it looks like one of the springs broke. Odd thing is, I can't even get the bar to rotate to where it would be in the correct position. I'll spend some time under there this weekend to see what I need to do to fix it. Quite annoying to always worry about it rolling when I have to get off quickly.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
Hello Hans,

Perhaps this may be of use to you. At least it will show you the parts and how they go together.

Attachments