Over-kill on City Lot

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Since you fellas all are so well equipped, I figured this 18 HP BX on a city lot would also fit in. The excuses for this is my age at 85 and that some neighboring widows don't mind at all if it clears their snow. Come summer, the lawn mowing with the belly mower takes a few minutes also.

You see where the Tundra is relegated to.

Attachments

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Your 85 still clearing your own snow god bless you. I just had to hire a company to do my dads he is in his 70's he can still do it but he's done enough over the years.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
some neighboring widows don't mind at all if it clears their snow
You sly old dawg you,,,lol;)

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Well, you got some splaining to do Lucy... The widows don't mind, hehehehe. I'll bet not.

Good job on the driveway, and I almost thought that was a Hemi emblem on the side of the vehicle there in the driveway.

Thanks for sharing you old fart! Hope I am half as lucid (if I get that far) as you are at 85!

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
Good for you!! No such thing as overkill!! just the right tool for the right job I sayIt's nice to get out and get some fresh air, so one may as well enjoy it on the tractor and I'm sure the neighbourhood ladies will keep you in at least cookies, When I lived in town I brought up an old tired 18 hp (can't even remember the make of it) from the farm and I would just make a trip around the block... it certainly paid off as all the older widowed ladies always dropped something off at Christmas,, usually things that if eaten too many of one had better get his fat butt outside and do some more ploughing just to work it off There is a method to their madness.................

Good for you!! Enjoy the snow!! It just seems like it is never going to go away... but it will... hoping by June here

Cheers

Roger

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Yup abut the gals. Forgot one importance job. With road salt in the street our pekingese is better off not out there. So a vacant lot next door and in back of house is her exercise area and outhouse. The BX plows a "road" there, with the blade set for forward, but I back up the whole way. Doesn't dig up grass and still makes a good road, so I don't even have to remove my street shoes or use overshoes. Neat little tractor, in spite of its short comings.

Question: How do i refuse the restaurant gift cards in my name when what I do is my entertainment?

Dirt Mover

Jan 9, 2014
Delaware
CER,
Save your breath. You cannot convince anyone not to give them to you. It is a tough price to pay for doing what you feel good about. I have no success trying to not accept.
Nice job with the tractor.
DM

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
Well, you could offer to have them come with you, or you see if they could be perhaps donated to someone in need, possibly speaking with the restaurant manager about taking the equivalent value and having them perhaps donating amount to local soup kitchen or to a local homeless assistance organization as either cash, or in food.

Cheers

Roger

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Yes, this!

Also, at 85 you should have what you want and enjoy what you do. :cool:
THIS !!! Exactly... It looks like that you are getting to enjoy life. I'm hoping that I am around and as active as you when I reach 85.

God Bless you...

Dirt Mover

Jan 9, 2014
Delaware
Never refuse an offer of gratatude. Accept it graciously, it boosts the givers well being. And you in turn, can do the same.
Faced with that again today. Came home to find an envelope taped to my front door. My inclination was to return it. I think your statement is very true. I felt good about doing the deed and I probably should help her feeling of well being. I will just say thank you, you are very welcome.
DM