Our Stuck In The Mud Thread

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
The BX will do what you want - when the ground is dry.

Working in the mud will make a bigger mess fast. Any tractor can get stuck in the mud. Another tractor forum has a stuck pictures thread.
That sounds like a good idea.

With the way the weather has been going, (Global Warming :eek: and all :D), for All of us it looks like the mud is a going to be the new norm.

So why not have a few laughs and just maybe help somebody too!

Last edited:

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
So I'll be the First!

A picture is worth a thousand words.
Plus the Seven you can not say on TV. :mad:
Looks like I am waiting until the Mrs gets home.
Anyone want to trade places?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Said before, wrong tires and if they are loaded, wrong contents too.

I farm so all I run are R1's and....I never, never go afield when the ground is wet. No need to. Rutting any field (I run a commercial forage operation) is disaster. Ruts never heal and it destroys the crop too.

I have to honestly say, I have never been stuck in 25 years. Maybe a little gooey at times but never stuck. Cannot say that for my wife, she stuck her van in the round about to the barn this spring. Had to winch it out, wasn't about to get in there with a tractor and get it stuck too.

Unless you row crop (I don't) or have a little tractor and need loaded tires for ballast, I see no genuine use for loaded tires at all. My 3 M's have the cast iron discs on the rear, plenty of extra weight for loader operations.

Besides, you aren't really stuck, drop the batwing and drive out in 4wd with the differentials locked (looks like an M9 so you can lock the front and rear axles and leave the batwing for a later date. Every time you drive past it you can look at it and think about your haste and the results.:eek:

To me, stuck is down to the frame and waiting for a track loader to yank you out.

Pardon me, M4900 so no front axle lock. You are screwed....lol

Last edited:

Holleyman

Equipment
Kubota B6001, Caterpillar 252B, AM General M813A1, Ford 8N, Komatsu PC30
Sep 25, 2013
80 acres in Athabasca AB

I farm so all I run are R1's and....I never, never go afield when the ground is wet. No need to. Rutting any field (I run a commercial forage operation) is disaster. Ruts never heal and it destroys the crop too.
So what do you do if your front pasture has large tire ruts in it? We bought our property with them and would like to patch up those areas. Is running a disk or tiller the best option? How long before the prairie grasses come back?

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
R4's, not loaded.

Besides, you aren't really stuck, drop the batwing and drive out in 4wd with the differentials locked (looks like an M9 so you can lock the front and rear axles and leave the batwing for a later date.
That is what I did. Dropped the batwing, locked rear Dif, (no front lock), all four wheels spinning and barely made it out. Didn't think I was going to make it out that day. Drove out on the road, grabbed some chain, and with good traction pulled out the mower.

Every time you drive past it you can look at it and think about your haste and the results.:eek:
Everytime I drive by and see the new grass instead of the weeds like the rest of the front yard I'll get a good chuckle and memory from that day. :)

To me, stuck is down to the frame and waiting for a track loader to yank you out.
Been there too on the BX24. :D
Didn't need the track loader though. ;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
R4's, not loaded.

I thought so. They had that 'doughnut' look. Never had R4's always R1's and not radials either, always bias ply.

That is what I did. Dropped the batwing, locked rear Dif, (no front lock), all four wheels spinning and barely made it out. Didn't think I was going to make it out that day. Drove out on the road, grabbed some chain, and with good traction pulled out the mower.

Everytime I drive by and see the new grass instead of the weeds like the rest of the front yard I'll get a good chuckle and memory from that day. :)

Been there too on the BX24. :D
Didn't need the track loader though. ;)
You got lucky. Just kick back and wait for it to dry out and think about all you'll have to do to fix the ruts....lol

My hay customer is bugging me for round bales (jokingly) however. He knows I cannot and will not even attempt to get in the fields, besides, it would never dry down enough to bale anyway. Might be a 2 cut year instead of 3 but I'm not getting out there and destroying my alfalfa just because. He'll take all I run anyway, always does. I can run 1000 rounds and he takes them all. Pays me in full in November, every November, takes my squares too. I dealt with horsey people for years, no pay, slow pay, always crying (like posters on here do...:eek:), no more. One customer, no crying, hauls all of them himself, I load in the field on his trailers, money is always there. I have it made now and to think I went through the horsey grief for years. Can you tell I don't care much for equine owners?

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
I went online that day swearing I was going to purchase a set of R1's. I am sure I would not have gotten stuck. My rear R4's are worn out.
Once I saw the load capacity difference between the two I think I am going to stay with the R4's.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You got lucky. Just kick back and wait for it to dry out and think about all you'll have to do to fix the ruts....lol

My hay customer is bugging me for round bales (jokingly) however. He knows I cannot and will not even attempt to get in the fields, besides, it would never dry down enough to bale anyway. Might be a 2 cut year instead of 3 but I'm not getting out there and destroying my alfalfa just because. He'll take all I run anyway, always does. I can run 1000 rounds and he takes them all. Pays me in full in November, every November, takes my squares too. I dealt with horsey people for years, no pay, slow pay, always crying (like posters on here do...:eek:), no more. One customer, no crying, hauls all of them himself, I load in the field on his trailers, money is always there. I have it made now and to think I went through the horsey grief for years. Can you tell I don't care much for equine owners?
Is this statement an indication of dislike for your wife also?:D

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Is this statement an indication of dislike for your wife also?:D

I like her just fine, don't care for her nag (she's down to one and I'm waiting patiently for the last one to expire) or her cats but comes with the marriage....lol

Least the cats keep the mice out of my wiring harnesses in the tractors but they do leave paw prints on the hoods and sleep in the seat on my zero turn.

Besides, after 35 years, the choices are limited and.... The farm is in her name and the ground too.

I don't like horses or horse people in general. not dislike actually, just became less than enthused with them after years of dealing with the whining, slow pay, no pay for hay.

One thing about hay, it turns to shitte so the payment also turns to shitte as well. Not always but even once is too much.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I just want to know how you get that far in...before you realize that it was a bad idea...that thing must of been hauling arse to get that far in...:rolleyes:
Oh no, it wasn't stuck at all, I just stopped to take a photo, it walked right out of that. :D

I did it on purpose, that was the driveway, I was breaking up a frost layer that was stopping it from draining, week later it was dry and vehicle drivable again.

The driveway has since moved to a much better location! ;)

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
I don't like horses or horse people in general. not dislike actually, just became less than enthused with them after years of dealing with the whining, slow pay, no pay for hay.

One thing about hay, it turns to shitte so the payment also turns to shitte as well. Not always but even once is too much.
Ya got yer belly full of the 10 cent Millionaires did ya?

Aint got a dime but act like millionaires.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I like her just fine, don't care for her nag (she's down to one and I'm waiting patiently for the last one to expire) or her cats but comes with the marriage....lol

Least the cats keep the mice out of my wiring harnesses in the tractors but they do leave paw prints on the hoods and sleep in the seat on my zero turn.

Besides, after 35 years, the choices are limited and.... The farm is in her name and the ground too.

Can always count on ya my friend.:rolleyes:

Attachments