Other forums?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Do you, and what other forums, are you members of? And, how do they compare to OTT? I'm certainly not looking to bash any others- but, it is interesting to me the dynamic differences, and some of the personality differences observed, based on the forum content. I will explain.
The first forum that I belonged to was the Quadratec forum, for Jeeps. It was great in general, but there were some folks on there who had abrasive personalities, and let them come through freely. Even more so on other forums, like Pirate4x4. At different times, you had to have a tough skin. At about that time, I also joined Redsquare, which was a real breath of fresh air- no bravado, no flaming, just good folks, who encouraged each other and looked out for each other.
I still belong to Redsquare, plus OTT (of course), Mytractorforum, dieseltruckresource, and the tdiforum. I would say that they all stack up similar to my first experience on Redsquare, although there are some hoidy-toidy folks on the tdiforum. OTT is definitely a smaller community- but, I appreciate it partly because of that. Like the others, there are good folks here, honestly looking out for each other, and looking to know more, not to puff themselves up. To the members of OTT, thank you for making this a great forum to be a part of.
Mark

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I belong to ATVaccessories.com, Grizzly Central, Rhino Forums.net, TBN and a couple I forget. I rarely go on Grizzly Central or Rhino.net because of the chest pounding, flaming and immaturity. TBN is OK, but has some abrasive people there too. OTT seems like a very nice forum with none of that or none that I have seen.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I belong to ATVaccessories.com, Grizzly Central, Rhino Forums.net, TBN and a couple I forget. I rarely go on Grizzly Central or Rhino.net because of the chest pounding, flaming and immaturity. TBN is OK, but has some abrasive people there too. OTT seems like a very nice forum with none of that or none that I have seen.
I haven't experienced any bad behavior on OTT. While there is always the potential when people are involved, I certainly haven't seen it.

DBCSteve

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL, box scraper, Artillian forks & grapple, GR 2120 mower
Jul 23, 2011
Snohomish, WA
I use this forum for Kubotas, and jdcrawlers.com forums for my dozer. The jdcrawlers forums are excellent, with a fairly wide range of experienced owners. They have separate forums for newer and older crawlers, with the dividing point being the 350 series starting in the 1960s.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
NOPE! OTT is my first and so far only forum I'm a member of. Honestly there isnt but 4 things I get on the computer for. Check out whats going on here at OTT, catch up with friends and family on Facebook and check my e-mails. Every now and then I'll tinker with Google if I need to update my edumakation!

firejunkie

Equipment
Kubota Mx4700 4w/FEL, Modern Ag cutter,Dirt dog Box blade and Rake, Custom forks
Mar 19, 2011
greenwood, SC
My most frequented forums are Pyrouniverse.com , Southeastpyros (private members only group) Pyroreview.com, Finalefireworks. Try to guess what my hobby and part time profession is:D .

A few others I check out every few weeks or so are Chargerforumz.com Deepsouthmopars.com I have a few mopars in the family.

There are others but many I have not gone to in years because of childish members (RC groups) or no time for the hobby anymore (Mid-High power rockets).

I like this forum good people here, I check out mytractorforum and Tractorbynet here and there but have not joined yet.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
I'm a member of many different types of forums. Some are related to welding and fabrication. Some others are machining. I'm even involved in some motorcycle and Mustang forums. When it comes to tractors I think I'm a member of four tractor forums. The two that I am most loyal to is this one and tractor by net.

I do feel however that this site is about the best out of all the sites I'm a member of. I guess that's what keeps me coming back. Members are more respectful to one another and the site isnt policed like the others are. We have some freedom to move around here. I don't post a lot these days because of my work load but really enjoy reading the threads when I do get the time.

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
I do not post much but I do read in the forums here a lot and it is the most easy going of the forums, the main reason is the founders of this forum have tried to make it this way.

I am also a member of mytractorforum and it has more cliques with the moderators, I should know as I was a moderator for 5 years and when a senior moderator decided to quit another moderator decided to take up a collection for him. I choose not to give and as I was buying my wife a new car. That other moderator got mad at me and I resigned and moved on. That was the best thing I ever did as it gave me freedom from the site and I was not spending a couple hours every night moderating the forums that I was assigned to.

I am also on a Apple computer forum because that also interest me. I actually think that this the easiest forum as everyone that comes in feels welcome. Good job Vic and Mr K.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I am on speedwake.com with a lot of boat guys. It is a pretty good one as blog/forum sites go. Similar to here but a little ranting at times. Not much and when it happens the mods do well to control things. Also on offshoreonly.com for boats. That site has the entire spectrum of behavior, no kidding. :eek: It is very extreme at times and partially why I frequent other sites more than OSO.

I like this site but go to the speedwake site more since I'm working on my boats these days and I like to follow the classifieds to feel out the market.