Orange Tractor Pull

284 International

Equipment
B6000 with FEL, assorted Yanmar machines
Mar 25, 2011
California, USA
You have probably already done it, but this is a really bad idea, just for the record. At least you are using the drawbars.

I have done a similar thing to test the pulling force on two of my own tractors, but they were set up so no operator was on the tractor, and they could be placed into neutral remotely.

My bet is on the B3000.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
WOW if you look closely at the end of the video once the green tractor fliped over you can see the operator rolling out of the way of the tractor. And the idiot on the red tractor was looking back and should have seen things were going south and STOPED!

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
It's probably not a great idea, but with that set-up nothing is probably going to happen, the physics of the set-up won't allow it. The pull is in a straight line below the center of the axle, as either tractor would rear up the draw bar force will pull the front end back toward the ground and neither of those machines has enough HP to create enough wheel speed to allow the machine to wheelie and tip over rearwards if the chain breaks.
BTW the 'bota wins. The drawbar looks to be fractionally higher than the Allis, so if that's the case it will unload the rear tires on the Allis taking away its traction.

The nitwits in the video have the chain hooked at the top link location (or near it) above the axle line. A no-no nomater what you're tugging on.

Dennis T.

Jan 30, 2012
Minnesota USA
Kubota B-3000 won hands down, and it went off without a hitch... and I won five bucks. ;)

and you are correct about the pull location. :eek: