One sweet rifle.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Need to get me one of these. This one belongs to my friend, he came over here to day do shoot it. He had not shot it since he got it. Man it is sweet.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
My brother's stepson has one- besides the cost, you can blow through a lot of ammo/money quickly.
Myself, I prefer handguns. I just bought a Henry Goldenboy 22 rifle, which I love. But, my favorite is handguns.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
It is a .223/5.56 bullpup made by IWI in Israel. It is the semi auto version of the select fire weapon that the Israel military is using now, it replaces the M-4 carbine. Great rifle, and is supposed to be ultra reliable. We shot it out to 300 yards today and it shot great.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
I'm not a big fan of bullpups........but yeah, nice.
What is not to like about bullpups? The triggers could be better, but they are not meant to be sniper rifles. It gives you ever advantage of a typical rifle, just in a much shorter package. Plus this rifle allows for rapid barrel changes to longer barrels, or even shorter barrels. The barrel in this pic is a 16" 1/7 twist. The sight is a ACOG.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, it's the short package with serious capability (and cheap(er) amo). You don't buy it to snipe at 500+ yds or hunt white tail.

I got into bullpups for use in my expedition rig. It's a highly upgraded K5 with 1 ton locked axles and setup for long range travel far from paved roads or civilization in the AZ back country. Entering or exiting the vehicle with a full size rifle is a real pain. A short carbine hurts range and still gets in the way. I went cheaper with a Bushmaster M17-S (red head step child of bull pups) to get a 26" barrel in a 36"(?) package. Other than a trigger made mushy by transfer rods and pivots (improvements are in the works) and an admittedly ugly design (already addressed) it's not bad for less than $700 new delivered from the manufacturer in hard case. The M17 and Mossy 500 Cruiser 8 round pistol grip sit in slings either side of the console in the K5 while the wife and I both pack 357 Magnums (GP100 6" for me, SP101 1.5" for her). For us, it's all about compact packages with dependability, capability and capacity. Where we go, there are no cops and contacting the outside world requires ham or sat phones, so best be prepared for whatever...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I love m,,, errrrrrr those bullpups and that one is sweet, compact high rate of fire and pretty accurate,,, kinda like m,,errrrrrrrr that AK bullpup but not as cobbled up still the WOW factor is,,mmmmmmm WOW!!!:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dog when and where did you find an M17s for 7 bills, if you can find one around her they are going for closer to 2 K,,, inquiring minds want to know

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Dog when and where did you find an M17s for 7 bills, if you can find one around her they are going for closer to 2 K,,, inquiring minds want to know
I bought it new direct from Bushmaster back in 2005 or so.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
It is nice to have a property, so you can shoot on your own land. Can't do that in Germany...

Hope you have progress with your farm. :rolleyes:

Have fun

carl

ps: Just found your place on google maps. In the middle of a Forest. That's nice!

Last edited:

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
It is nice to have a property, so you can shoot on your own land. Can't do that in Germany...

Hope you have progress with your farm. :rolleyes:

Have fun

carl

ps: Just found your place on google maps. In the middle of a Forest. That's nice!
Thanks Carl. Yeah, no one lives near me. Nearest neighbor is about 2.5 miles.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
That was kinda my point,,,lol
Oh, okay. I thought I liked the FN-2000 more, but now I think I want the Tavor. The FN-2000 is very thick, and it does not take the P-mags. But it is ambidextrous. The Tavor I believe is built tougher, and takes all the M-16 mags. Guess I need to shoot a FN-2000 to see how the trigger compares.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yup either one of those are a sweet piece for sure,,, but at those prices,, I guess I ll have to keep my little akbullpup, still has a 16 inch bbl 762x39 and shoots well enough for what its intended propose was,, but if I sell my boma phone and boma cheese maybe I can make enough for tavor:rolleyes:

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
If I didn't have my M17S, I would probably get a nice used Ruger Mini-14 and add a bullpup kit (more likely, just build my own). For me, $2k is just too much to spend on a gun like that. I'm not active para-military (SWAT, etc), I'm not actively involved in getting myself into trouble, and it has to live in a dusty truck (and camps) on trips where it is sometimes at risk for theft. Fully "upgraded" to suite my imagined needs, I've got less than $1k in the M17S (Mini-14 pup could be built for less), and less than $600 in the Mossy. The pistols are at less risk of theft since they are never off my/our side.

helomech

Apr 15, 2011
East Texas
Well I already have over 3500 in this one. So a tavor is not out for me. I don't care what I spend on a gun, it gets treated just like my 90 dollar .22 lr, or my highpoint c-9. Just the barrel on this one cost 600 bucks. That does not include the adjustable gas system, the muzzle break, the thermal dissipator, or the handguard. Just the trigger in this rifle is almost 300 bucks.