Status
Not open for further replies.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Skeets not doubt the law is there, but how much waiting and fighting takes place to get the machine back in operation at no cost to the owner? All over a few dollars I can save NOW.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
Mattwithcats, what's your interest with Fram filters? You always bring up cross reference numbers and defend them, even when no one is looking?

You the manufactures rep?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Mattwithcats, what's your interest with Fram filters? You always bring up cross reference numbers and defend them, even when no one is looking?

Fram would be at the very bottom of my list of choices for sure. I won't use them on anything of mine. JMHO

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA

LOL...... ouch! :p

Seems to be a Fram-awl-agest!

I used to use Fram all the time myself, bet I have placed more filters on by fram than any other brand..........

But that ended about 15 years ago, no real reason other than many have showed online the "weakness" inside the can and "cheaper materials" used.

I would love to see a filter/pressure over time test, take a hydraulic lab, take 100 gallons of "dirty oil" and run it through a machine that constantly increases the psi as it cleans........after a unit of time, check the canister and the filtration of the oil. THAT would be a test that would sell a shyt ton of filters!

here is one by.......FRAM!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7P5iUArbJw

Not a pressure test but............. very informative

https://www.yourbestpicks.com/best-oil-filters-reviews/

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Like others have said it's not worth it to cheap out on filters after paying that much for your tractor.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
No offense meant to anyone, just curious.

The quality on any test, whether it's about oil filter, oil, coffee, paint, siding, or other goods can be determined by who PAYS for the test.

Somehow, those who do the testing come up with the results the ones paying for the research want, in many cases!

As I'm drinking my coffee this morning, I'm not sure if it's good or bad for me. Depends on which study I take to heart (pun intended).

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
No offense meant to anyone, just curious.

The quality on any test, whether it's about oil filter, oil, coffee, paint, siding, or other goods can be determined by who PAYS for the test.

Somehow, those who do the testing come up with the results the ones paying for the research want, in many cases!

As I'm drinking my coffee this morning, I'm not sure if it's good or bad for me. Depends on which study I take to heart (pun intended).
I doubt that there is a manufacturer in the world who doesn't want you to believe that their product is the best for you. As long as you are installing the right filter and changing it at the required interval you won't have a problem with any brand name filter. But that said, the warranty on Kubota's isn't that long that it will be a huge economic hardship to use their approved oil and filter until the warranty has expired. It just takes one more variable out of the question of what contributed to the failure.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
D2CAT I agree with you, however many dealers either do not know about it, or fain ignorance. And yes it can be a major PIA, but if something major goes south say motor, or transmission and the filter or oil matches or exceeds the OEM requirements then its your friend. For small stuff your right it aint worth the BS

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
In the end, we all make our own decisions. For those who feel confident taking on the manufacturer, may the wind be at your back. Be prepared for all of your maintenance procedures/intervals to come into question. The burden of proof will be on you. So, if you know more about procedure than the service department, more about filters than the tech department, more about law than the legal department and keep excellent records, you shouldn't have any problems at all. :)

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
One does not need to know any of that stuff. The lawyers do.
And they can find that info with nary a problem.
And they will take the case without a penny down :Dgleefully as they know big bucks $$$$$$$$$$$ are waiting for them.
A company would be insane to deny a claim for stuff like that. They would be broke by now if they did.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
One does not need to know any of that stuff. The lawyers do.
And they can find that info with nary a problem.
And they will take the case without a penny down :Dgleefully as they know big bucks $$$$$$$$$$$ are waiting for them.
A company would be insane to deny a claim for stuff like that. They would be broke by now if they did.

Okay, what do I know anyway. In the last 15 years I have SEEN four different owners denied warranty due to fluid and/or filter issues. At least one of them was savvy enough to have his lawyer write letters although they never made it to court and he still did not get anywhere. He still had to pay after the better part of a year.

Gleeful lawyers? All you will get, at best, is expenses plus cost of repairs. Gonna get them for suffering and PTSD? Not much in it for a law firm other than their hourly rate.

How about we just agree to disagree on this. I can only try so hard to save a body from potential hardship. Much better things to discuss here on OTT.
Jon

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Okay, what do I know anyway. In the last 15 years I have SEEN four different owners denied warranty due to fluid and/or filter issues. At least one of them was savvy enough to have his lawyer write letters although they never made it to court and he still did not get anywhere. He still had to pay after the better part of a year.

Gleeful lawyers? All you will get, at best, is expenses plus cost of repairs. Gonna get them for suffering and PTSD? Not much in it for a law firm other than their hourly rate.

How about we just agree to disagree on this. I can only try so hard to save a body from potential hardship. Much better things to discuss here on OTT.
Jon
they would have to have evidence that the inferior products caused the failure.

Ramos

Equipment
1870-1, LA203A, RCK54
Feb 25, 2016
Sherman County, Oregon
they would have to have evidence that the inferior products caused the failure.

Okie doke, guys. I can't tell you all of the 'how and the why's', because I do not know ALL of the details. I just know the claims and the outcome. Do what you like with the information. I have nothing left to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.