Nubie gets a new Kubota l1 series

red 2.7

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L126 sunshine,
May 21, 2015
Stukley South
Hi Orange Folks

I Bought a country property and it came with a Kubota Sunshine L126 4 wheel drive tractor. The former owner is not available at all.
I have no idea how to start or operate it. It came with a shed full of implements like a three point hitch snow blower, brush hog, Kioti loader , side extension for the brush hog, wood chipper, a splitter and firewood cut off saw. Can anyone point me to the right North American model so I can find an owner's manual? Or, describe the operation of all the levers to me? I'm a city boy just retiring to the country in the next couple of weeks. I have 90 acres of woods with a lot of trails. "Green Acres" here we are.

Wally in Eastern Quebec, Canada

Attachments

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to OTT Wally. I guess you give new meaning to the term, "Wally World." :D
You could check with Sota Tractors at: http://www.sotatractors.com/home

First thing to do is change all the fluids including the fuel.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Nice looking machine - I would sit back and do some research on your model and get to know her one step at a time. A mistake now would be ........terrible!!!

I take it that you have started it? moved it?

You know anything about diesel engines? Fuel?

here is some info on your machine:

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/008/1/6/8161-kubota-l1-26.html

ask specific questions.......we'll try our best to help!!!

I think you will find - that is a dayum fine machine, 4wd and chains .....take more pictures of other attachments too.

red 2.7

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L126 sunshine,
May 21, 2015
Stukley South
Thanks for the info. I have not started it yet. I haven't even sat in it. The closest thing I have used before is a lawn tractor. I can drive a stick shift car.
there is also some knobs and a switch on the right side fender. No Idea what they are for. There are no dealer stickers on the tractor. Just on the implements. Oh yeah, there is a logging winch and log trailer too.

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That model is very similar to the L2650
Go here and download a manual for this tractor and it will help you out with basic controls and operation.
http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoInde...df&AutoIndex=6112ec04647e84c296f241a4f97ba8b6

The major difference is the PTO other versions will only have a 1 or 2 speed PTO yours has 4 speeds, most implements will run at speed 1 or 2 if I remember right.
Service Department Vic:
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/member.php?u=2
can answer better than I on what the 4 speeds are.

The controls on the fender I do believe are tilt adjustments for the three point.

red 2.7

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L126 sunshine,
May 21, 2015
Stukley South
Thanks so much guys you really came through. I have a lot of reading to do. I'll change all fluid and filters before I start anything. I am quite mechanical as I own and operate a machine shop for the past 35 years. I've repaired or built everything mechanical except for diesel tractors. If there's anything else I should know just tell me. If I order a parts and service book for the L 2650 will it be correct?

wally

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The parts book would not do you any good, to many different items.

I will email you a link for a download of the WSM for the L2650 which will take care of you in most maintenance and repairs.

Send Sevice Dept Vic an Email he might be able to get you better manuals on that model of tractor.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/sendmessage.php?do=mailmember&u=2

Last edited:

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
There are a lot of really good threads on safety in OTT, that will point out a lot that you will want to be aware of when operating your tractor. A friendly neighbor with a tractor or a nearby Kubota dealer could be valuable. If you have a dealer do any of the servicing that was recommended above, he should be willing to explain some of the tractor controls.

red 2.7

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L126 sunshine,
May 21, 2015
Stukley South
I only know of a Kubota dealer nearby and he probably will not talk to a grey market owner. I will post an ad in the farm newsletter asking for some hands on advice or an independent mechanic.