Not enough lift in 3pt to adjust blade well?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well that gives me some things to try tomorrow. My blade is supposed to swivel all the way around but I didn't actually try it yet. So I will before I take it off and do NIW's check on the feedback lever, and see what happens when I move the lifting rods closer to the axles.

Diesel and Mtn View, thanks for the pictures, much easier to see what you mean. Mtn View, did you make the whole down curved flange that is attached to the part above it as seen in the first picture? It is beautiful in addition to functional. In my earlier life I really enjoyed making things to solve problems at work, but they were on a very small size scale, plexiglass and glass construction. Once even unraveling spider web strands to make micro bungee cords. Not much help here, but I can appreciate the projects I've seen on the forum.

Thanks and Happy Holidays :):):)

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Mine would not rotate 360 degrees the way it came from Land Pride, and it still doesn't after modification. The ONLY way my blade would ever rotate properly when mounted on a BX is cut the blade width down.

Very common to have a blade that will not spin 360* when hitched up.

But your blade even when not hitched up would not spin 360* when first purchased??? :confused:

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Well that gives me some things to try tomorrow. My blade is supposed to swivel all the way around but I didn't actually try it yet. So I will before I take it off and do NIW's check on the feedback lever, and see what happens when I move the lifting rods closer to the axles.

Diesel and Mtn View, thanks for the pictures, much easier to see what you mean. Mtn View, did you make the whole down curved flange that is attached to the part above it as seen in the first picture? It is beautiful in addition to functional. In my earlier life I really enjoyed making things to solve problems at work, but they were on a very small size scale, plexiglass and glass construction. Once even unraveling spider web strands to make micro bungee cords. Not much help here, but I can appreciate the projects I've seen on the forum.

Thanks and Happy Holidays :):):)
Yes, those are 5/8" plate cut out and welded in place. It does not affect the OEM mounts which are designed to work for cat 2 & 3 hitches. :cool:

Dieselbob

Equipment
BX 2230, LA211 loader, 60â€￾ MMM, 2â€￾ wheel spacers, grille guard, gauges, bucket e
Nov 17, 2014
Fort Wayne IN
Very common to have a blade that will not spin 360* when hitched up.

But your blade even when not hitched up would not spin 360* when first purchased??? :confused:
No, it will spin just fine if you unhook it from the tractor. My point was that despite being offered in Kubota orange and sized for the BX series, it is quite obvious that nobody at Land Pride EVER actually hitched one up to a BX to see how it did. I find that rather apalling. :mad:

Attachments

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
No, it will spin just fine if you unhook it from the tractor. My point was that despite being offered in Kubota orange and sized for the BX series, it is quite obvious that nobody at Land Pride EVER actually hitched one up to a BX to see how it did. I find that rather apalling. :mad:
Will your blade spin around "off the tractor" now that you have added your additions?

As far as not lifting high enough when purchased new, this is a common problem with pretty much most of the rear blades and landscape rakes I think.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Mountain View pointed out there might be hazards to making a downward extension. Here is a picture to illustrate the problems someone might or might not have if they bought a Woods blade for one of these tractors. I lucked out because I bought a 6 foot blade, mostly because that was as big as I thought I needed or wanted to trip over when stored in the barn. It is the shortest in this series which, as near as I can tell, all have the same support beam etc. Mine has 20 inches of clearance to the tire which includes the 4.5 horizontal inches that the Quick Hitch adds. It swivels, although easily is not the word I'd use to describe horsing it around. So if you bought the 8 foot blade w/o the Quick Hitch it would still swivel with about 3 inches clearance to the tire. But if you had to make an extension as Mtn View and Diesel Bob have done to get better lift height, (the pink sketch) a blade longer than 6 feet might lose its ability to swivel 360 degrees.

I am not impressed with the precision construction etc on this blade. In the blade reversed position the two drop in pins wouldn't. One did eventually with persuasion by hammer, the other one is sitting there loose. Same difficulty with lining up the pin for the jack stand. A little re-engineering needed with a drill bit size I don't currently have :mad::mad::mad: