Not a good day at the farm

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Thieves are scumbags sorry you got robbed.
Doubt the police will be able to help much. Theft isnt usually a high priority.

I would go to your local pawn and look around and talk to the owner offer a cash reward for info not only about your stuff specifically but who tries to sell stolen stuff.

Also go to the scrap dealer and tell them about missing copper and offer a cash reward for the same type of info.

Somebody you know or somebody who knows somebody you know was involved to be able to target a place that had valuables and was not being monitored or lived at.

Get your insurance to pay for all of it by remembering things you forgot you had. They will likely try to depreciate everything or undervalue it.

Reactions: 1 user

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
It was to easy for the thieves. They will be back. Put out some game cameras and try to catch them. Rent a mini excavator so you can bury them deep enough that lidar can't detect them. Sorry for your loss and good luck

Steve67

Equipment
B2601-fel, 60"mmm, 5' rear blade, balast box
Jan 20, 2017
St. Louis, mo.
I hate thieves. You might want to check local pawn shops and Craig List for your missing items

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
after re reading it again, from Bmyers description, I wouldn’t be surprised if its somebody he knows. Dopers typically wouldn’t care what they took, sounds like only specific things were taken. Somebody knew what and where things were in my opinion 🤷‍♂️
I'll bet Ford is onto it....logical analysis.

Not one of your buddies, but it's somebody local that knows what's there and what's going on....

I'm a rural Redneck. If I want to get rid of something, I put it out front with a FREE sign...

If it doesn't go away, I put a $20 sign on it, and they steal it.... :oops:

Reactions: 3 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I think public stoning would be a fitting punishment. The cement truck would be too fast. Obviously, televised on local channels.
If we are actually talking about catching them, fitting punishment, and deterring others from doing the same, NOTHING beats a brush chipper on the 6 o'clock news.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Sadly our trail camera batteries had went dead (some good deer pictures and a few racoon pictures). We added some cameras and replaced the batteries in the others. We will be more diligent in keeping the batteries changed out.

We have a neighbors that are little over a quarter mile away who watches the place and can generally keep a good eye on stuff. Yet, we have planted corn and the corn is doing great (be thankful for the blessings), but it has blocked the view from both houses of the neighbors that keep an eye on stuff. We have alerted all the neighbors.

As far as checking the pawn shops, most likely everything has been taken across the state line and being pawned in St. Louis in areas that I would not go.

We spent the morning clearing out the small hand tools that we had left there and cleared out some keep sake items. If they come back, they will be disappointed unless they are looking for furniture from the 70s and clothes to go with it.

We are looking to see what other options we have for security that won't cost us an arm and a leg.

dkpricer

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 26, 2021
Graham
Man this sucks.

I had my trailer stolen from my office yard and they stole some junk welders.

A few weeks back the farm across the street from me was broken into.

Sheriff really can't do anything with the way the laws are around my area now.

I hate thieves and scumbags

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Sheriff really can't do anything with the way the laws are around my area now.

I hate thieves and scumbags
Me too.

You in New York, by any chance?

If so, what the legislature did last year allows these dirtbags to get arrested, some daily, and walk the streets to do it again tomorrow....

NYS allows most non-violent offenses to be $0 bail....there are cases where folks are arrested multiple times per week and given appearance tickets.

Guess what...most don't show for their court date...

dkpricer

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 26, 2021
Graham
Me too.

You in New York, by any chance?

If so, what the legislature did last year allows these dirtbags to get arrested, some daily, and walk the streets to do it again tomorrow....

NYS allows most non-violent offenses to be $0 bail....there are cases where folks are arrested multiple times per week and given appearance tickets.

Guess what...most don't show for their court date...
Nope, other side, Washington State.

The new law just signed the other week by our dopey governor is horrible and really restricts law enforcement.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
If we are actually talking about catching them, fitting punishment, and deterring others from doing the same, NOTHING beats a brush chipper on the 6 o'clock news.
Hmm I have a WC68. Might have to offer my services.

I’m pretty sure “he needed killin’ anyway “ is still a valid defense in Alabama. Better hurry, though, the liberals are getting a foothold here too.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
It was to easy for the thieves. They will be back. Put out some game cameras and try to catch them. Rent a mini excavator so you can bury them deep enough that lidar can't detect them. Sorry for your loss and good luck
Don't have to rent one, neighbor already volunteered the use of his backhoe to make sure that the problem is taken care of. :)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
BTDT

Sheriff NEVER (out here anyway) finds anything or the responsible parties. It's dead last on their list of things to do unless they can make some money (selling stolen guns, whatever) at auction.

most of us live outside town. We are part of the foodchain again. Gotta take care of ourselves out here since we can't depend on "law enforcement".

I caught someone "looking" in my truck a while back at 0245.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Talking to the insurance agent, we are the 5th trailer from the area that was stolen over the last couple of weeks.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
A few years ago when Phoenix led the nation in auto theft, a local reporter got a Phoenix Police spokesman to admit on camera they were seeing up to 60 cars per day being stolen from this mall & surrounding businesses. (just this mall, ignoring the rest of the 14,599 mi² Phoenix metro area)
Tell me law enforcement & the courts are working just fine.
More liberal, left wing ideas that are working out just great.
ahoh.jpg

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Very sorry too hear this story. I feel really bad for you having to deal with this.

Just a suggestion, had a neighbor who's barn burned down, his insurance agent suggested he go to Lowes, Home Depot or similar type store and wander the isles to jog his memory of items he had in the barn to be replaced.

Best of luck, hopefully they find the dirtbags that did this, there is special little corner of hell for thieves.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
Sorry to hear this.
When it happens to me, I always like to envision them driving away at high speed to get away, running a red light, and getting T-boned by a 75mph, fully loaded cement truck. Except I'd feel bad for the cement truck driver.
Something almost as good as that happened here. The farm had a road that came off the main highway and was the driveway to the farm. However, the “driveway” continued through the farm to another county road. The farm owner had put a 1/2 inch steel cable across his farm road (about 1/2 mile from the house toward the county road), because hunters were trespassing at night, coming and going that way. The hunters knew this. The thieves didn’t. The framer came home and saw his flatbed hooked to a strange truck. As he approached, the thief’ made a run for it out the back way. The farmer pursued and called the sheriff. The thief hit the cable and was partially ejected from the truck. The thief wasn’t killed but seriously injured. The farm was clearly marked with no trespassing signs. The thief tried to sue, but lost because the land was posted and the cable was marked. Karma.

Reactions: 3 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
There are no words to describe the anguish associated with the thought if thieves.

My farm property has been invaded 3 times with them carting off everything that they thought might could be pawned. The Cabin itself was broken into once. Thankfully they did not get the 4wheelers because they could not find the keys. They had gathered every key that they could find......but none fit.

Everything now has Grade 7 bolts and Grade 8 chain.
DSCN1035.JPG

That plus I now have a cargo-tainer for the valuables.

I Hates Thieves. (n)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
There are no words to describe the anguish associated with the thought if thieves.

My farm property has been invaded 3 times with them carting off everything that they thought might could be pawned. The Cabin itself was broken into once. Thankfully they did not get the 4wheelers because they could not find the keys. They had gathered every key that they could find......but none fit.

Everything now has Grade 7 bolts and Grade 8 chain.

That plus I now have a cargo-tainer for the valuables.

I Hates Thieves. (n)
When I was young I traveled through a lot of the Moslem countries we hear about on the news. With respect to thieves, I think we should follow their policies. Cut the hand off and so on.

But in cases where normal people suffer the results of thievery, I think more than the hand should be cut off. Not sure what to cut off if the thief is a female...

Just for the record, most Moslem people are not radicals and are caring people just like us. The radicals are not the average Moslem. No, I am not Moslem...just an average American guy...more or less...LOL