Nortrac tractors

Woodswalker

Equipment
B7100D(1977)/FEL, B7200D (1984), Yanmar RS 1303 tiller
Mar 5, 2014
Republic, Washington(NE), USA
I talked to a friend this evening and he is really hipped on buying a Nortrac tractor for Northern tools,, I guess all he is looking at is the 0's on the bottom line. Though I have tried to dissuade him from this venture he is insistent. So with that being said has anyone had any experience with these Chinese tractors? Good Bad Ugly???
I bought one about 8yrs ago. After a short while, had to tap the solenoid with a stick, when cold, to get the starter to engage. NT sold it as a "20HP," but a tag on top of the valve cover says 14.5HP. Otherwise, seemed to work OK. Gave it to a nephew a few years back. My current tractor is a B7100 Kubota (35yrs old), that is way better. Smaller, lighter, more HP, built much better.

michigandon

Equipment
B3300 soon!
Apr 24, 2014
Wake Forest, NC
I was seriously considering a 25XT with FEl, but then Agricredit went and treated me like I'm a child molester, and so did both Mahindra and Agco Financial. :mad: So here I am!

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Remember that Russian tractor that was sold at various places, blue color. Bularis I think was the name, came from that named town anyhow.
Where is it these days? No where to be found.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
A few years ago there was an outfit in Spokane selling Chinese tractors, cheap. The dealer said they were OK, but you couldn't keep bearings and seals in them. (They must be real tractors, they leak oil!) He sold his lot full, and disappeared. Not much support and service there. Our Kubota dealer has been here since before Kubota, and is in for the long haul (and thriving). You start to appreciate support when you don't have it.