nicest homemade cab inspiration

majorwager

Equipment
MX5100 FEL ford 1620 FEL International 484 FEL Lull 844C
This cab fabricated by Roy Gage, blog is "life on highway 9", is the model I was contemplating, before deciding to just buy a factory unit. He has a ton of photos with detailed explanations. Not criticising any other fabrication postings, just mentioning that this example appears very detailed. Search and look, hope you will agree. Summary single photo was attached for non-commercialization purposes but deleted I presume by moderator.

Last edited:

roygage

Equipment
M7040, M5040, DT 3000
Jun 15, 2015
estherville iowa
Thank for the kind words on my cab build fellas. Has been holding up well. Have a thirteen year old grandson lives on an acreage not so far from here. Evan loves to operate it so have been letting him keep it at his place where he is in charge of the yard, drive and snow removal.

Project now is to finish up an articulated loader tractor we have been building. 3.1 G.M.V6 with three speed transaxle driving a four speed truck transmission which drives a pair of Chevy 14 bolt full floating rear ends via a 80 chain drive.

Long ways to go but have had it out and driving around. Works well just have to find out where the weak links are. Sure sounds sweet.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Never underestimate a man with tools and a dream,,, a nice looking set up