Newby ? Stuck Quick disconnect

Wwitzke

Equipment
2011 Kubota B2320 5 acre Parcel maintenance
Jun 9, 2019
Newcastle, California
I love the forum and appreciate it. Bought my first tractor last weekend, 2011 B2320 HST. I’m having trouble with FEL lift. From this forum I see two possible issues: 1 the 3-point hitch Lift issue and 2 the quick disconnects for the FEL may be loose. I’ve tried multiple position on the rear Gannon box lift and that doesn’t seem to make a difference.
I was only able to disconnect two of the 4 quick disconnects: blue and yellow. The other two will spin and move just a little but I can’t free them. I applied wd40 that helped loosen but I just can’t fit my fingers in there to get a good grip. Any tips or tools to help disconnect them?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Did you release all pressure on the loader cylinders b4 trying to disconnect? With the bucket in a safe position on ground move the loader hydraulics lever fully left-right and forward-backward a few times and try again.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Did you release all pressure on the loader cylinders b4 trying to disconnect? With the bucket in a safe position on ground move the loader hydraulics lever fully left-right and forward-backward a few times and try again.

With engine off, of course.

Wwitzke

Equipment
Jun 9, 2019
Newcastle, California
I did release the pressure. I was able to free two of the four. The first freed as should the second didn’t budge until next day after applying WD-40.

markbxr400

Equipment
L3901, LA525, RC1860, SCR0660, BB1260
May 19, 2018
Magnolia Springs, aL
I have similar issues connecting the hydraulics on my FEL (L3901HST). During the summer, I pretty well have to go ahead and swap the bucket to the grapple, shut the thing down, jiggle all of the controls (bucket, HST, rear 3-pt control, etc), then let it sit overnight before I can connect the hoses. Would be great if there were some sot of quick bleeder on these to get the pressure off of them.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
I have similar issues connecting the hydraulics on my FEL (L3901HST). During the summer, I pretty well have to go ahead and swap the bucket to the grapple, shut the thing down, jiggle all of the controls (bucket, HST, rear 3-pt control, etc), then let it sit overnight before I can connect the hoses. Would be great if there were some sot of quick bleeder on these to get the pressure off of them.
For the grapple, you need to have the motor off, but turn the key to the on position. Then toggle the 3rd function switch (grapple open/close switch). This is what would relieve the hydraulic pressure in the 3rd function lines. Exercising the rest of the hydraulic controls would do nothing to get rid of the 3rd function line pressure.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
If all else fails, find a connection along the hose and loosen it a little to release the pressure. You will lose a small amount of fluid, but not much.

Separate the coupler, and relighted the connection. Only takes a moment. I occasionally have to do this with my rear remotes, a couple of which have check valves.

markbxr400

Equipment
L3901, LA525, RC1860, SCR0660, BB1260
May 19, 2018
Magnolia Springs, aL
For the grapple, you need to have the motor off, but turn the key to the on position. Then toggle the 3rd function switch (grapple open/close switch). This is what would relieve the hydraulic pressure in the 3rd function lines. Exercising the rest of the hydraulic controls would do nothing to get rid of the 3rd function line pressure.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
Now this is helpful information! Thank you!!!

This was getting downright frustrating. I'll try this next week when i swap to my grapple to handle some 20' 8x8 treated posts.

Mark

Wwitzke

Equipment
Jun 9, 2019
Newcastle, California
I replaced the quick disconnect today double checked all the connections. They disconnect and connect as should now. But, still no lift or rotation. I only get a slight down and minor release. I’m assuming the hydraulics will self purge and I don’t need to bleed. The Kubota dealer said the 3point lift may need to be adjusted. I’m ready to have the Kubota mobile mechanic come take a look at it since I can’t move it with the Loader stuck on the ground slightly lifting the front tires. Any suggestions, could it be the control valve? Thanks for all your support.

Wwitzke

Equipment
Jun 9, 2019
Newcastle, California
I just noticed that my post from last night didn’t post. So, last night I was able to free all the quick disconnects but noticed the yellow/bottom quick disconnect female had an issue with the 0-ring pertruding and I attempted to push it back into place which resulted in it tearing apart. I took the hose into a local truck supply shop and replaced the quick connect only. Today I reattached the hose and the other three connections but still not functioning.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I love the forum and appreciate it. Bought my first tractor last weekend, 2011 B2320 HST. I’m having trouble with FEL lift. From this forum I see two possible issues: 1 the 3-point hitch Lift issue and 2 the quick disconnects for the FEL may be loose. I’ve tried multiple position on the rear Gannon box lift and that doesn’t seem to make a difference.
I was only able to disconnect two of the 4 quick disconnects: blue and yellow. The other two will spin and move just a little but I can’t free them. I applied wd40 that helped loosen but I just can’t fit my fingers in there to get a good grip. Any tips or tools to help disconnect them?
Just went through that with the loader on the used M9 I bought. Took my wife and I 3 hours to get 4 Parker QD's to release.

What I did was spray them down with PBlaster and work the rings back and forth and up and down. I have to take a pair of needle nose vice grips to get to the back fitting, no room to get my paw on it. I worked them and sprayed them down with PB and worked them some more until they released.

What has happened is the collars have crud under them and they must come up enough to clear the internal balls so the fitting will release.

Work and flush, work and flush is all you can do. Ones they come apart you need to flush the collar out really well, I used diesel fuel and then oiled them.

Wwitzke

Equipment
Jun 9, 2019
Newcastle, California
I was able to free all four quick connects but needed to replace one of them. They all work as should now. The loader works sporadically. If you move the controls very slowly, it will sometimes lift, tilt and curl but does not seem to have a clear pattern. I just can’t deal with a device that is not dependable. I’m thinking it’s the control valve. I’d like to work on it myself but It might be beyond my skill sets. Can someone give me an overview of the process to rebuild and or replace. Any ideas of cost to have the dealer test and repair? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Wwitzke

Equipment
Jun 9, 2019
Newcastle, California
It was a faulty quick connects. I replaced all four quick connects with direct connections and FEL works perfectly.
Thanks for all your help.