Newb. L295dt. 3pt lift issues. Loader question

workhorse

Jan 14, 2016
Alden, franklinville, boston
Hello all. I am the man who will now be known as work horse (edit). I know, kinda crude but my level of creativity is low this time of day.. Anyways I am new to OT but far from new to forums. I have lurked here a bit in the past and figured I'd hop on board.

So, my tractor history. 8n,9n, golden jubilee, yanmar ym276, and now my pride and joy, an early 80's L295DT with a 1200hd loader. I actually bought the tractor without the loader this past summer and was able to score the loader across the country and had it shipped to me. I am a guy who goes in the back woods and NEEDS a loader.

So far I have stripped and painted the entire rig but have yet to paint the loader. She runs like a top and looks dang good too. I'll have to get some pics up.

Only had a couple questions, as all newbs do with their first post.

Recently my 3pt has been unable to hold in the up position, unless im holding the lever up. The lever seems a lot "looser" than it used too... Most of the time if I hold the lever till its all the way raised and give her a wiggle or two it will hold just fine after, till the next time I drop it down. Its starting snow season here so I'm running a 7' blade on the back. I haven't really messed with it or looked into it yet. Just figured one if the brains on here could help out.

Also, the loader works fairly good and came with an after market joystick control. Only issue I have is that it will not lift the front end up, or power down, but the curl is more than enough to do so. So basically down has no "power" but curl does. Oddly enough the curl cylinder does have a slight weep to it. But the up/down are in perfect shape.

Besides that, I have replaced all the gaskets on the bottom end, had to have the nipple on the 4x4 lever ( internal ) welded since nobody had a replacement and used dealers would only sell entire drop box. My plans are to replace some smaller hyd hoses on the loader, paint the loader, get my rops installed, install new odo cable, new de comp cable, etc etc. Just small stuff when the weather gets warmer. She will be my food plot maker and driveway cleaner...

Yes, I have the parts manual and my service manual is on the way.

Well, any help is appreciated and I hope I can be of some help myself in the future !

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry had an error on my end, re-post pictures, but please watch your sizes as the other pictures were much too large.;)

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Nice looking L295 !
On the 3pt touch lever there are two nuts. Loosen the outer nut,
adjust the inner nut until the lever holds position, re-tighten the outer nut.
For the down-force issue, make sure all the joystick cables
are moving the valve spools correctly. Sounds like one may need adjusting.
A cylinder seal kit usually fixes weep leakage. A scratched rod
can be improved by filling the groove with super glue.
And you might want to edit you posts to delete the large picture files.
Repost with smaller versions - 150-300k will help keep display width
reasonable for general viewing.
Take care, Dick B

Last edited:

workhorse

Jan 14, 2016
Alden, franklinville, boston
Dick, thanks ! I'm going to dog deep on adjusting the joystick since I am not too familiar on the procedure. As far as the adjustment I will be doing that this weekend. I figured it was something easy as it wasn't an all the time thing. I'll be sure to let you know how I make out.

On a side note, with 90 views and one reply I figured I was classified as one of those newbs who can't search... Anyways thanks again