New wheels

WillD

Equipment
L185DT, L3901HST
Mar 6, 2018
Washington, ME
Got the new wheels today. Just in time to move some snow. Cutter is getting put away for at least a few more months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Yeah, it doesn***8217;t look like you will need to mow for a few weeks! Congratulations on the new toy.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Whats all that white stuff all over the ground? Nice rig enjoy !

WillD

Equipment
L185DT, L3901HST
Mar 6, 2018
Washington, ME
Thanks all. I spent a good bit of my late teens and early 20s running Case and Michigan front end loaders and bobcats at a quarry and asphalt plant ($10/hr for beer money in college back in the 90s).

Anyway I apparently have forgotten all those fine motor skills. My two hours of snow removal and grading look like a war zone :). But practice makes perfect, and I don’t mind practicing. But damn is it fun :)

The white stuff is frozen water. I’m selling all of mine at a steep discount while inventory lasts. First come, first serve, $0.10 a yard. I’ll load, you haul away!!! Hurry while supplies last, get yours before summer sets in!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Congrats!

I have the older version (L-3800) and love it.

Looks like you have a new operator all ready and waiting. Just needs to get her dad out of the seat!

Do what I did with my wife who had never driven anything mechanical before: I put her in LOW range and bumped the idle up to about 1400 rpm. She couldn't get in trouble and she really got the hang of it in a hurry. Turned out to be my best friend when I needed boulders moved or things lifted. She ran the machine and I pointed.

Setting these manhole covers over our septic saved us $2000 from what the contractor wanted. Afterwards, my wife said, "That's $2000 off the tractor." YUP!

Welcome aboard!

Attachments

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Hey Honey, I've got a new ring for you!:D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Congrats!

Looks like you have a new operator all ready and waiting. Just needs to get her dad out of the seat!

Do what I did with my wife who had never driven anything mechanical before: I put her in LOW range and bumped the idle up to about 1400 rpm. She couldn't get in trouble and she really got the hang of it in a hurry. Turned out to be my best friend when I needed boulders moved or things lifted. She ran the machine and I pointed.

Setting these manhole covers over our septic saved us $2000 from what the contractor wanted. Afterwards, my wife said, "That's $2000 off the tractor." YUP!

Welcome aboard!
My first tractor was an L3800, great tractor and if it had a cab I'd still have it but this old guy needs his comfort now.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Nice set up WillD, the only thing is like bearbait said, I couldn't deal with the cold and bugs and had to have a cab.

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Welcome!!
Following Ray’s rationale, I have a little BX. Even with the little tractor, I have done a lot of work with it I might have had to pay for before.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Ladair

Equipment
Kubota l3400
Feb 19, 2018
Newark, Tx.
Got the new wheels today. Just in time to move some snow. Cutter is getting put away for at least a few more months.

WiLLD is that a recent pic?
is that a lot of snow, or pretty normal

WillD

Equipment
L185DT, L3901HST
Mar 6, 2018
Washington, ME
WiLLD is that a recent pic?

is that a lot of snow, or pretty normal

I think normal is only a setting on the washing machine :). I have no idea what normal is, since it’s our first winter in Maine. According to some this winter has been tougher than many and others say it’s been easier.

Either way I got this new weapon in my arsenal to deal with whatever it throws at us.

WillD

Equipment
L185DT, L3901HST
Mar 6, 2018
Washington, ME
Congrats!

Welcome aboard!

Thanks! Your from my old neck of the woods. Spent 13 years in and around N. Phoenix. Don’t miss the summers at all. :)

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Don't think I'll ever get over the surge of excitement when I'm watching the weather and the word nor'easter hits my ears. This year we didn't really have winter just a few dustings but they are calling for one next week, usually turns out to be rain and snow mixed but lots of wind.

Ladair

Equipment
Kubota l3400
Feb 19, 2018
Newark, Tx.
I think normal is only a setting on the washing machine :). I have no idea what normal is, since it’s our first winter in Maine. According to some this winter has been tougher than many and others say it’s been easier.

Either way I got this new weapon in my arsenal to deal with whatever it throws at us.

sounds like you got it going your way. not trying to be a horses butt. its going to be 81 in Newark Texas today...........just thought I would throw that out there:D

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
There are other makes of trucks and tractors? Blasphemy.

It shames me to admit that I moved up from Green and Yellow and GMCs...:eek:

I didn't notice you were in Washington. Not all that far from me as distances go in Maine. I'm in Gouldsboro, about halfway between Milbridge and Ellsworth.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Thanks! Your from my old neck of the woods. Spent 13 years in and around N. Phoenix. Don’t miss the summers at all. :)
YOU SAY THAT NOW!!! I'll buy you a beer when you turn into a Old Fart Snowbird and come out here three months a year!!!

LOL...

Have fun with the new toy. You will find uses for that thing you never ever thought of. Mine is in semi-retirement after massive work during a huge remodel. Lately, its been a super-wheelbarrow but that's OK. Its paid for itself a couple times over in what it has done for us. Just like me, all your neighbors will soon have "tractor envy!"

:)