New used rear blade

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Bought a used LandPride RB1560 today to replace a lightweight used and abused generic rear blade. I bought the generic used blade with my new tractor in December and it served its purpose of moving snow, training the owner (me), and allowing time to determine what I need in a blade. When I started grading the driveway on the south facing hill (the only thing not still frozen solid around here) it was not as easy as plowing snow and I decided it was time to make a move. My new used RB1560 is in almost new condition with only a little wear on the first cutting edge. It was only used on a BX and I suspect it is impossible to abuse a RB1560 with a BX. I spent about an hour on the hill today and accomplished more than the previous four hours with the generic blade. It had definitely been time to make a move.
The blade is not orange, but at least it’s not green.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yep I have the same blade and you can do a lot of stuff with it to be sure!

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
There was a request for pictures so here they are: The first picture is where my driveway comes down the hill and faces south. This is the only place the driveway is thawed enough to do any work, and there is only an inch or two to work with here. I did manage to level out the ruts and clean up the edges. Wish it had been this level for snow blowing, but then we had more snow in November before I got the tractor than the rest of the winter. The second picture is the rear of the blade. The third picture is the front of the blade, most of the paint is still intact and almost no rust. The fourth picture shows the lift height and the clearance for spinning the blade around. There was a recent thread where someone questioned the ability to turn a blade around on a BX. The RB1560 blade sets back of the tractor 10 inches further then the lightweight generic blade.

Attachments