New Tractor Delivery Inspection

Paulwestski

Equipment
Kubota L4240HS R-4's
Mar 14, 2011
Amherst County, VA
I'm new to tractors not to heavy equipment. I've worked in the construction business for 31 years.
Getting ready to close the deal on a new B3300SU FEL with quick attach, Backhoe, pallet forks and a few three point attachments.
I know most of the basics for delivery inspection, Check every function, switches, light, safety device/lockout, fluid levels.
Any experienced tractor owners care to provide a checklist of items to inspect?

Thanks

Babyfat

Jun 24, 2010
Grass Lake, MI
www.dakins.com
Your delivering dealer should have a set up check sheet filled out and you get a copy, it has everything on it right down to tire pressure, but it would not hurt to look it over while they are there.

Michael

Equipment
Zen Noh ZL1801 Sadly I sold it and a T1400 lawn tractor
Mar 11, 2009
Sedro Woolley, Washington USA
My observations on tractor delivery inspections are some folks can be rather haphazard in inspecting. I bought a new tractor a couple years ago and this is what was missed.

The front tires had 40 PSI in both of them Should have been 26 Psi.

The hydraulic level was not visible in the sight glass. It was a quart low.

The fuel gauge did not work, the dealer ended up replacing it.

Some of the other things was a plastic screw on handle that was cracked and should have been noticed.

I did my own post delivery inspection and caught all of these items before I ever used the tractor. The dealer was great about every issues, all of these could have prevented if they had done a complete pre delivery inspection at the time and with care, I told the dealer this.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'm new to tractors not to heavy equipment. I've worked in the construction business for 31 years.
If you worked with heavy equ. treat your tractor just like you would a loader, dump truck, dozer or what ever you were used to. We did pre-shift inspections on our equ. before every shift. Full walk around looking for leaks, lights, loose lug nut, bolts ect. Tires, lines, hoses. I'm sure you know the drill.

Your new tractor can hurt or kill you just like a big machine can. They deserve the same respect and care. If anything, a small machine is more dangerous than a big one is.

When it comes to a new product or machine you aren't familiar with I look at it like this. The only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Congrats on the new orange. Enjoy it and be safe.