New to me bx2670

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Just had it delivered.. looks to be in pretty good shape! Everything works.. just going to use it as a mower..

Only issue is the trettle peddle was never greased and it sticks in reverse a bit.. should be a easy fix. I guess I should say not often enough? It has some side to side wobble in it and the grease zert was covered in sand, also known as dirt in south Florida

Has 561 hours.

Attachments

Last edited:

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Looks pretty clean.. and I think I like that grille guard better than my new bx2680. I only have 14 hours on mine and my peddle wants to stick quite often. I thought maybe just because it was new.. I’ve checked and it was greased so we’ll see if it breaks in.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Looks very clean. Got mine with 8 hrs and the bucket looked new. Now 250 hrs and most of the paint is gone from the inside. Yours still looks good inside.

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Ahh well one of the bearings in the deck just started making a bad noise..

was going to remove the deck to replace the fuel filter under the seat anyway

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The treadle pedal needs a bit more than just grease - at least on my old BX2350 it never ran smoothly by me just greasing it. I had some success getting under there and cleaning out gunk then greasing, but according to the interwebz you can/should adjust the return spring tension and the damper if you want it to work well. I never got mine going well, I just got used to kicking the pedal the other way a little when I wanted it to stop. Becomes habit after a while.

Reactions: 1 user

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Turns out one blade was bent rubbing on the deck and causing the belt to slip a bit.. was a very odd bad sounding noise when they both happen st the same time

Attachments

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Transmission is pretty much the guts of the machine. I'd be surprised if it'd been replaced, because a) they're pretty durable and b) it'd be worth almost as much as the machine.

I think all the filters are painted from the factory (they put them on then paint the machine). So if it's Kubota orange or engine grey, then it's original. That's not ideal, supposed to be first changed at 50 hours, then 200 hours thereafter. 560 hours is a lot with no service, but not end of the world.

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Transmission is pretty much the guts of the machine. I'd be surprised if it'd been replaced, because a) they're pretty durable and b) it'd be worth almost as much as the machine.

I think all the filters are painted from the factory (they put them on then paint the machine). So if it's Kubota orange or engine grey, then it's original. That's not ideal, supposed to be first changed at 50 hours, then 200 hours thereafter. 560 hours is a lot with no service, but not end of the world.

I'm not sure if you noticed the paint on the transaxle? Transmission is not present.. yet parts bolted to it are painted.. so it's been apart, replaced etc.. hydraulic filters are white and kubota brand.. fluid is very clean

thirdroc17

Dec 25, 2013
Michigan
It's entirely up to you, but if you're only going to mow with it, those R-4's ride rough as all get out. I replaced mine with turfs and my back really appreciates it.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I'm not sure if you noticed the paint on the transaxle? Transmission is not present.. yet parts bolted to it are painted.. so it's been apart, replaced etc.. hydraulic filters are white and kubota brand.. fluid is very clean
Oh, I see. It's all painted Kubota engine grey, apart from the transmission itself, which looks like an alloy casting. I can't recall if that's how mine used to be, but is suspicious I agree.

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Did you buy this tractor from a dealer?

No.. I bought it from a guy that buys them from a dealer wholesale. Could not find anything like this with a loader and mower unless I wanted to drive to Georgia.. or further. This one happened to be a trade in on a used larger tractor he had, it did not have a mower when he got it...the mower is from a bx23s, all the same but that's what he told me.

I wonder if I call kubota of they would have the service history, like if they replaced the rear end under warranty or etc..

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
It's entirely up to you, but if you're only going to mow with it, those R-4's ride rough as all get out. I replaced mine with turfs and my back really appreciates it.
With R-4's you can shift into 4wd on the fly and power thru standing water, a few days later just roll the lawn.
20200401_152545.jpg

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
With R-4's you can shift into 4wd on the fly and power thru standing water, a few days later just roll the lawn.
Hmm. I was just thinking today about getting a roller and rolling my lawn. I was looking at a plastic one that I'd fill with water, they're relatively cheap. My concerns were whether it actually achieved anything useful (I'm assuming the lawn needs to be damp/soft, but not so damp as to chew it up), and whether it would result in too much compaction on the lawn.

How successful is the roller at making your lawn more flat, and do you have any view on what it's doing in terms of soil compaction?

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
When neighbors see me rolling the lawn, they get spring fever. They get their turf tire lawn tractor out, fill their roller and proceed to get stuck in the yard.

Have 40 gal of cheap hydo oil in drum (6') as rust retardant. Box blade set to shear off mole hills and flatted runs. So soil isn't to hard for the pesky rodents.

Have 4' steel roller filled with concrete. Both weigh about the same. Concrete has higher psi ground contact. Now roller can't be man handled, neither can tractor. 3pt trailer mover, trailer coupler and bicycle kick stand makes this roller useable.
20200330_140402.jpg

20200330_140415.jpg

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Interesting. I'd forgotten about rodent territory, totally makes sense to have a roller when there's ongoing wrecking of your lawn. Honestly mine would only need rolling a couple of times, the only thing that's making ruts in the lawn is the tractor itself. But it does bounce around a bit when I mow fast, so I figured if I rolled it flat it'd stay flat. I'll have to think on compaction.