New to me Bx25

Amf232

Equipment
Bx1870
Jul 13, 2016
Massachusetts
Hi all, just picked up a 2010 Bx25 for a good deal. Previous owner stated it was rolled over, but has low hours. Smokes on startup (white smoke) and continues for about 7-8 minutes then smoke goes away. Starts right up and everything works. Any ideas where I should start on maintenance or just run it?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
A good starting point would be changing all fluids and filters as well as performing all lubrication to grease fittings, etc. It would be good to investigate the white smoke issue. That can indicate coolant getting into the cylinders.

poconoguy17

Equipment
Kubota B6000E & Kubota B6000DT w/Loader
Jul 13, 2020
Pocono Mountains
A good starting point would be changing all fluids and filters as well as performing all lubrication to grease fittings, etc. It would be good to investigate the white smoke issue. That can indicate coolant getting into the cylinders.

I have borrowed a BX-25 for about 10 years when I need driveway repairs and have hd too much "fun" repairing random issues. White smoke is often a temperature issue or water. If it was rolled I agree with Roadworthy , full flush of everything. Radiator , Trans , Hydro fluid, Oil, replace all filters and drain all fuel ..... its a huge pain to re-prime but you may have water somewhere. If after all that you still have white smoke I would suspect a head gasket issue that once the engine is hot and the metal expands goes away, but water doesnt compress very well and can create a end of day experience. Just my thoughts.

EDIT: Another remote possibility was when after it rolled, one of the injectors failed and that could be it... but I dont think so as it clears 7-8 mins later.

Last edited: