New to me B7200HST-D w/ 60" belly mower questions

bigdg

Equipment
B7200Hst w/ RC 60 mower deck
Jun 25, 2010
Maynardville, TN
I just bought (unseen ) a B7200HST-D that has 253 hours on it and was supposedly garaged. When it was delivered the paint was faded but not chalky and the seat hade a split on one side. The owner said it had been greased with every use and oil and filter changed yearly with Kubota oil and filter. When I asked about the other fluids and filters he had never changed them. He originally said he wasn't sure of the year bit thought he got it new in the early 90's. It turns out that it is a mid 1986 according to the serial #. Everything mechanical seems to work fine. What should be done prior to use ? Also do the faded paint and split seat go with 253 hrs ? Thanks in advance for you help and comments.

Darrell

PS Wax helped on the paint

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Drane and replace all fluids and filters before you do any major tractoring. It's a common thing for the hour meters on early tractors to stop working all together so there is no telling how many actual hours are on your tractor. Faded paint and a cracked seat is a sign of age and siting out in the weather alot. If your tractor runs and has little to no leaks or blows little to no smoke your on a good path already. It wont take much to get that Kubota running right with fresh fluids and filters.

Last edited:

bigdg

Equipment
B7200Hst w/ RC 60 mower deck
Jun 25, 2010
Maynardville, TN
Thanks Eric. The hour meter seems to work. I was concerned about it being turned over with the paint and the split seat. Is there any way to tell if it (hour meter) has been turned over ? Thanks again for your help. Darrell

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That I'm not honestly sure about. I want to say that they are fairly tamper proof. Alot of times an older tractor would run up alot of excess hours if the operator forgot to turn the key off all the way. If the key was left on the clock would keep on running while the tractor sat there for a week or so turned off.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
My B8200 hour meter only has room for 3 digits so I also have no way of telling how many thousands of hours it has on it. It reads 650 hours and I'm sure its been around at least once.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah thats the other downfall to an older tractor. It will roll over and read 650 when its really 1650. The only way to tell is if your the orgional owner and saw it roll over. I dare say 1650 would be correct for your tractor.

garyf

Equipment
B7200 MF135, MF40TLB, MF40B Loader, JD430, JD332, 3-JD318's
May 14, 2009
Lowbanks, Ontario
Hi my B7200 has a mechanical tach/hour meter. Leaving the key on will have no effect on the hrs. shown. I like the principle of starting with fresh fluids/filters. Seats will crack it's only vinyl and expensive!