New product.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Paul when we rebuilt my nephews GMC we used something very similar to that, on the cab corners and lower door panels, we laid out the work and drilled two holes for pop rivets to hold the panel in place while the glue cured. I have never seen anything like before either and to be honest I was rather skeptical about it working. 3 years of abuse off road salt and winters and the panels are still inplace and the paint hasn't even cracked where the joints are,,, SO it works really well,, who da thunk it :confused:
Your video's are always a welcome addition

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Paul when we rebuilt my nephews GMC we used something very similar to that, on the cab corners and lower door panels, we laid out the work and drilled two holes for pop rivets to hold the panel in place while the glue cured. I have never seen anything like before either and to be honest I was rather skeptical about it working. 3 years of abuse off road salt and winters and the panels are still inplace and the paint hasn't even cracked where the joints are,,, SO it works really well,, who da thunk it :confused:
Your video's are always a welcome addition
When I worked for GM they had the Pontiac Transport van back then and all their bodies were a plastic like composite material and we would use a special glue/sealer to replace the panels. After it set you couldn't tear it apart. Good stuff.
Glad you liked the video ;)

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
I used to think I was a perfectionist, at least that's what I attributed my taking a long time to complete a project to... Wildfire you are wizard! Thank you for the adhesive advice.

Wildfire

Equipment
I used to think I was a perfectionist, at least that's what I attributed my taking a long time to complete a project to... Wildfire you are wizard! Thank you for the adhesive advice.
Thank you Steve. Glad you enjoyed the video. Hey. If it's worth doing then its worth doing well and I bet you think along those lines.

I won't endorse a product until I try it first and I that I am confident that it does what it's supposed to do.

This product was sent to me by a person I hold in high regard so I knew it had to be good. When I opened the boxes and studied the contents I realized it was more of a great product than just good one.

If NASA and the aviation industry use it then it should be good for little 'ol me :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That looks like a great product, epoxies have been around for years but they keep getting perfected to do different jobs.:cool:
I really like the fact that you brought up NOT drilling the ROPS that would ruin it's integrity. ;)

Wildfire

Equipment
That looks like a great product, epoxies have been around for years but they keep getting perfected to do different jobs.:cool:
I really like the fact that you brought up NOT drilling the ROPS that would ruin it's integrity. ;)

So true what you say about the epoxies. Oh I would have liked nothing better than drilling out the ROPS and hiding those wires but there's some things in life that's out of bounds and tampering with the ROPS is one of them. I don't think I could ever be comfortable selling a machine with the ROPS drilled not to mention legal :eek:

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
While i was watching i started thinking about how much the paint would hold, about 30 seconds later you got out the grinder.lol
I still would like to know how much force it would take to pull off a tab on properly applied paint,any idea?
I "welded" a trans cooler on a Iveco truck with JB and it was still holding 3 years later when i sold it.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
JB weld still has a following for sure, theres an old guy around here has an OLD street rod, you see him out and about every once in a while, the car is nothing to write home about but still a nice car, he is like in his 80s now and built it a long time ago. Anyway it has a flat head, he tossed a rod and cracked the block. Him not having a bunch of money for another motor he said, and I have to take him at his word,, he ground it down and JB welded the block until he saved enough to get a new one, he said that he never lost a drop of oil after he rebuilt it, he said there was a junk motor with a big hole in it that get got the parts to do a temp fix,, That motor is still in his street rod, and it looks like there is 2 pounds of JB weld on the side of the block. Still running,, go figure

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Similar story- Was at the local drag strip watching "run what you brung" night, and went to look at an old school small block dragster with a cute woman driver. Owner said he bought it for $500 in Colorado with a cracked block from being stored with no anti-freeze. It had a 5"-6" crack on both sides of the block, and he ground it out & troweled in the JB Weld. Car was making 120+mph passes, and when I asked how long the repair had been holding, he said over 6 years. Good stuff, Maynard….

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I've heard of people JB Welding cracks in engine blocks. But have never head of it done on a dragster making 120mph passes. Thats ALOT of heat and force coming out of that motor. WOW

Wildfire

Equipment
While i was watching i started thinking about how much the paint would hold, about 30 seconds later you got out the grinder.lol
I still would like to know how much force it would take to pull off a tab on properly applied paint,any idea?
I "welded" a trans cooler on a Iveco truck with JB and it was still holding 3 years later when i sold it.
Well that makes two of us thinking about the same question. I was wondering how good the hold would be on the paint but I decided to go to the bare metal to do it right.
No doubt about it, JB weld is fantastic stuff. Sounds like you did a great job on that cooler. :cool:

I just finished a new cool mod on the BX. Don't think it's been done with the BX25-D before. The vid will be up tomorrow.

Wildfire

Equipment
Looking forward to the reveal!
Cool. I got the video all done and edited but we had a power failure and it took out our internet so the computer geek will be here in the AM and I'll just do the upload when we get back up. I'm on 3G right now.
This mod was one of the toughest ones I've done on the BX but well worth the effort in my opinion ;)

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
Paint just might have as much grip as any epoxy unless the epoxy has some ability to etch into the base metal.
I need to design a left side brake pedal for my B series, whoever put the brakes and hst on the same side must have never driven a tractor.
I got a chance to play in the snow (the storm you should be getting later today) and really needed the split brakes , sitting side saddle got old real quick.

Wildfire

Equipment
Paint just might have as much grip as any epoxy unless the epoxy has some ability to etch into the base metal.
I need to design a left side brake pedal for my B series, whoever put the brakes and hst on the same side must have never driven a tractor.
I got a chance to play in the snow (the storm you should be getting later today) and really needed the split brakes , sitting side saddle got old real quick.
I just don't trust paint for things like this. Some paint is only powder coat nowadays and I've seen powder coating peel off like a banana skin.

This Click Bond is used in the most critical areas of aviation and the space industry and if they state that it 's better applied to bare metal that's good enough for me lol.

Great system. I'm impressed. I'll be using it on future work for sure.