New owner L2600dt from Downunder

Pugs

Equipment
L2600DT fel , chinese bh
Dec 12, 2015
Australia
Hi All & greetings from Downunder sunny Australia ..
Took the plunge with permission from the boss ( loving wife ) and brought myself an L2600dt manuel g/box , 262hrs on her with fel & chinese bh .
Chassis no. Is 554xx and she has the D1403-E engine .
Very happy with my new toy and will be getting a few jobs done over the summer . 1st thing to get my hands on are a set of manuals to keep her in tiptop cond .

Have a question regarding the gbox , the breather on top near the shifter was spitting oil out does this indicate overfull or something else and does this tractor have the gbox mesh filter that I need to change .
And is normal auto gearbox oil ok to use ?

Many thanks
Pugs ...

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Not positive on yours but my L185 there is a vent on the upper side of the transmission that is a simple curved pipe (looks similar to a question mark ?) . It is toward the rear under the seat. Bugs love to build nests in it. If it gets plugged, oil gets forced out of the transmission around the shift levers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Thats the very same thing that brought me to this forum.
The vent gets plugged and as oil heats and flings around, it finds its way up past shifters.
Mine was shaped like a ? And was below seat. Had to remove toolbox to access.
Pulled off and found mud in vent, from our local leaf cutter bees.

DanDan

Equipment
BX1860, L2600DT
Sep 21, 2012
SoCal
Hi All & greetings from Downunder sunny Australia ..
Took the plunge with permission from the boss ( loving wife ) and brought myself an L2600dt manuel g/box , 262hrs on her with fel & chinese bh .
Chassis no. Is 554xx and she has the D1403-E engine .
Very happy with my new toy and will be getting a few jobs done over the summer . 1st thing to get my hands on are a set of manuals to keep her in tiptop cond .

Have a question regarding the gbox , the breather on top near the shifter was spitting oil out does this indicate overfull or something else and does this tractor have the gbox mesh filter that I need to change .
And is normal auto gearbox oil ok to use ?

Many thanks
Pugs ...
Congrats on the tractor.

I got my owners manual from Messicks:
http://www.messicks.com/part/tc020-19713/l2600-l3000-owners-manual

I think you are right about the oil spitting out of the breather: It's probably overfull. You should be able to confirm the oil level by looking at the sight glass ( a little round "glass" window about the size of a U.S. quarter on the left side of the trans case )

I think, if you want to keep her in tip top condition, you should use Kubota UDT or Super UDT in the transmission ( and not auto gearbox oil ) but if we're right about it being overfull, you might not need any right away :)

Pugs

Equipment
L2600DT fel , chinese bh
Dec 12, 2015
Australia
Thanks for the heads up on the parts list 100td , it will come in handy down the track..

Think you may be right there dan dan about being overfull , when I take the cap off I can see the top of a driveshaft or similar but I might extend the breather tube and run it into a small bottle for now because of the mess its making . I will look up the surrounding kubota dealer s for a manuel and see what messiks cost as even with the exchange rate stuff from America is still sometimes cheaper ....

Pugs....

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If your breather is blowing oil out I would be concerned. However it's common for it to blow some mist or vapor out which will make a huge mess even though not much oil is present. I actually removed the factory breather and put a short piece of fuel line and ran it down under the tractor, no more mess.

As far as the oil goes, you need tractor trans/hyd fluid.

luketratts

Equipment
L2600DT FEL
Jul 26, 2016
Gold Coast, Australia
Hey Bulldog,

I'm a fellow Aussie with a 2600DT also, picked it up about 6months ago. Also just joined up to this forum.

Mate I am trying to track down a workshop manual and a service manual and just wondering if you managed to track one down as I am not finding it super easy to find em (at a reasonable cost)...got the part manual which is awesome for understand parts...

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk