New mx5200 3point hitch wont drop

MacPhly

Equipment
MX5200
Mar 1, 2019
Portland, Maine, United States
I have a new mx5200... 4hrs on it. I just bought a bush hog for that I haven’t even brought home yet. I started looking at my 3pth and tried the raise/lower lever but nothing happened. I put the lever in the down position and stood on the arms and it still wouldn’t drop. Am I missing something? Do they need more weight to drop? I’m 180#

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you turned the drop speed control knob under the seat?

MacPhly

Equipment
MX5200
Mar 1, 2019
Portland, Maine, United States
Wolfman to the rescue. That was it. Thanks.

I figured it was something stupid. I’m tempted to delete this thread to save face but I’ll refrain in hopes it helps some other greenhorn in the future. Lol.

AllDodge

Equipment
M9540 RTV1100
Jan 19, 2019
South Central, ky
Congrats and suggest reading thru the manual on the tractor

Got my F3990 and didn't read thru my self, hey its a lawn mower. Bad move, there was some new stuff in there that I needed to know. Sure glad no one local found out about reading the manual, I might have lost my man card :eek: Old man card at that, its old like me :(

les.smith99

Equipment
B7800
Jul 27, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Don’t feel bad, if you were not brought up using tractors and most of us were not there is a lot to learn about tractors and they are relatively complex. The advice of reading your manual is VERY good.
There is a guy on the net “asktractormike.com” you might want to check out. He grew up on an orchard and as an adult managed a tractor dealership. He make a living on YouTube with videos on all kinds of information on tractors. They cover just about anything you do with a tractor and are quite good. Give him a look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I have a new mx5200... 4hrs on it. I just bought a bush hog for that I haven***8217;t even brought home yet. I started looking at my 3pth and tried the raise/lower lever but nothing happened. I put the lever in the down position and stood on the arms and it still wouldn***8217;t drop. Am I missing something? Do they need more weight to drop? I***8217;m 180#
Yes, fully read your manual before operating the machine. I am not saying it to be callous, but there really is necessary information on every machine you should be aware of. Please please read the manual, then read it again. It might save your life :)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
For some reason, today, owners manuals are optional. Guess when all else fails, just post the question on a forum and get the answer instead...lol

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wolfman to the rescue. That was it. Thanks.

I figured it was something stupid. I’m tempted to delete this thread to save face but I’ll refrain in hopes it helps some other greenhorn in the future. Lol.
Glad it worked for you, that's why we are here!

We've all been there at one time! :D

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Also, with a new machine or one where the 3pt has not been used, unless there is some mass on it, it may not lower on its' own. When I got my BX, the arms would not drop. The arms drop by gravity and are only lifted by fluid flow. The speed is just an orifice bleed hole control.
With my little guy, I stood on one and moved the lever. Then it went down. I worked it a few times and it then freed up enough to moved on its' own weight. I think the factory paint 'locked it' like it does with that first oil and HST filter.
So do not feel bad you did not 'have teh answer'. I had called my dealer when mine did not move, they explained it to me. Sort of like waking up in the AM, takes a bit to get moving.....