New Member w/ L260 & some questions!

McRoth

Equipment
L260
May 22, 2018
Grafton, Ohio
Hello, My name is Mike, I'm from Grafton Ohio. I just bought an L260 to replace my Ford 2N. I wanted a tractor with real hydraulics & better gearing to be able to do more with it.
I'm planning on replacing all the fluids & check the valve clearances before I do much with it. There are a couple of issues that I wanted to ask for advise with though.

1. The throttle linkages seem to be all messed up. The hand lever is disconnected, only the foot throttle works now. I've attached a picture of what it looks like now. Could someone post a picture of what it should look like so I can fix it?

2. The decompression cable is disconnected. When I put it back where it should be the cable sticks up pretty high. I'm not sure if that is correct or where it should be routed. Also, when the knob is pushed all the way in the lever will be pulled up about half way. I'm not sure if that is right?

3. The fitting the RPM cable attaches to is broke. I can't find it in the parts manual to buy a new one. Does anyone know if it is available & what the part number is? I've attached a pic of it too.

4. There's a momentary push button on the right side of the dash that the PO said was for the glow plugs. Is this correct? It seems like they are hooked to the start switch to me?

5. Can someone post a picture of the fuel filter & location? I think mine is missing & there are a couple of in-line fuel filters now. I want to make sure it is missing & then see about getting a new one.

6. I added a picture of the name plate. Is this a gray market tractor? I'm thinking no since the plate is in English, but I'm not sure.

I think that is all for now, but I'm sure I'll come up with more questions before long!

Thanks,

Mike

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well you didn't move to much forward with that model. :p
You do know that's the second oldest model that Kubota released in the US, it's some what of an antique.

None of the L260's were Gray's so your good there.

I think when it comes to parts you might have a tough time finding parts... and I say might because Kubota still makes or stocks a lot of parts for older models.

You can go to https://apps.kubotausa.com/illustrated-parts/ and see all the parts and layouts.

Just by looking at the picture, it looks like all of the hand throttle parts are there, might just need adjusting.

Last edited:

McRoth

Equipment
L260
May 22, 2018
Grafton, Ohio
Thanks Wolfman, that helps some.

Here's a pic of the fuel filters that are on it now. I assume that the stock one is supposed to mount on the two bolt holes?

Also, is the other pic the cartridge oil filter housing?

Mike

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The fuel filter housing is P/N 15109-43012
looks like its not avalible either.

Yes the bottom picture is the oil filter housing it's a canister filter.

McRoth

Equipment
L260
May 22, 2018
Grafton, Ohio
Thanks again Wolfman. I thought that was it, just wanted to make sure.

I found an aftermarket fuel filter I'll probably get for it. Should work just fine.

McRoth

Equipment
L260
May 22, 2018
Grafton, Ohio
If you don't already have it you can get a workshop manual for this tractor here

http://www.kubotabooks.com/AutoIndex/index.php?dir=Tractor Owners Manuals/

The document in this list covers several models of the same era, and it seems like the coverage of the L260 is less complete than for others.
I have found that and I have an owners manual on order. The diagrams aren't always clear and in the case of my oil filter it only shows the screw on & not the canister style mine has.

McRoth

Equipment
L260
May 22, 2018
Grafton, Ohio
I was able to rearrange the throttle linkages to get the hand lever working along with the foot pedal today. I'm not sure if it's right, but it works good now!
Also, I was able to solder the RPM cable fitting together. Now I find that the inner cable is broke! I'll check the gauge to make sure it's not froze before I replace it.
The water temp gauge was broke too & I happened to have another laying around that fit perfectly!
Making progress [emoji3]!

Sintons77

Equipment
L260
Apr 17, 2020
Paso Robles, CA, USA
Also a new member here and came across this thread. I have an L260 and the fuel filter housing has a cracked corner from the bolt being overtightened. I believe this is allowing air bubbles into the fuel system because the tractor will start and run fine for 15-20 minutes, then suddenly die. I can get it to start again but it will usually die in less than 30 seconds or so. I could be dealing with another issue but I thought I'd start with replacing the fuel filter housing. I see that McRoth was going to get an aftermarket fuel filter and I was wondering what you installed and has it worked OK?

Thanks for any help on this.