new member - Grease Zerks locations

Ogre

Equipment
B7500 w/ LA272 Loader and RCK60-24B Mower
Jul 9, 2014
Martinsville, IN
I am new to the forum and my recently purchased 2001 B7500 with LA272 and RCK60-24B. I may, or may not, eventually receive the operating manuals for this equipment. Is there any online cheat sheets that show the locations of all the grease zerks for this equip. set? The unit has 1100 hours, and I want to make sure that things are greased in the meantime while I wait for the manuals and preventive maintenance schedules (which I am assuming are in the manuals?).
Thanks in advance.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Not aware of any Cliff's Notes (dating myself; are these things still around? version of maintenance requirements.

Check closely anywhere that moves swings or pivots; look for access points 'hidden' through access holes. Steering, clutch (not too much grease here), seat slides, top link.

Use the opportunity to look critically at every square inch of machine and learn its characteristics. I'd suggest that the first time you grease it you should take at least an hour or you've not looked carefully.

Consider a pneumatic or more expensive battery grease gun. You'll also benefit from having a hose not ridgid tube-type and a 360-degree swivel on the end behind the click-on coupler. Look at the Lock-n-Load grease coupler (double check that name, may be reversed) that give you one-handed lock-on capability. You might want to keep two grease guns, one with the ridgid tube, the other set up for limited access zerk locations.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.

Ogre

Equipment
Jul 9, 2014
Martinsville, IN
Not aware of any Cliff's Notes (dating myself; are these things still around? version of maintenance requirements.

Check closely anywhere that moves swings or pivots; look for access points 'hidden' through access holes. Steering, clutch (not too much grease here), seat slides, top link.

Use the opportunity to look critically at every square inch of machine and learn its characteristics. I'd suggest that the first time you grease it you should take at least an hour or you've not looked carefully.

Consider a pneumatic or more expensive battery grease gun. You'll also benefit from having a hose not ridgid tube-type and a 360-degree swivel on the end behind the click-on coupler. Look at the Lock-n-Load grease coupler (double check that name, may be reversed) that give you one-handed lock-on capability. You might want to keep two grease guns, one with the ridgid tube, the other set up for limited access zerk locations.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.
Well, my original idea was to go through all the applicable parts lists/exploded view diagrams and highlight all the grease fittings I found.
I have a flex hose grease gun, with the rotating head so, if I can't get to it with that, then its not getting greased. :)

Ogre

Equipment
Jul 9, 2014
Martinsville, IN
Are you aware of kubotabooks.com? It has a Parts Manual listed for B7500D. Might be somewhere for you to start on that cheat sheet. ;)
I have downloaded the parts manual. That's what I was going to use if nothing else was available. I still have not been able to locate an operators manual on that site.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Instead of looking through a paper copy may I suggest going to Kubota.com
Select "PARTS", select "ILLUSTRATED PARTS LIST"
Agree to the terms and then type in your tractor model "B7500" and you should see three models. Select "OPEN" by your model

If you want to see the optional equipment for your tractor select "local options" ... but I am off topic!

Select "top link" and I think you will see a "NIPPLE, GREASE"

Select "BOOK SEARCH" and either type in the part number or change the criteria to "part name" and type in the name.

I only saw two Zerks, both on the 3PH parts.

My L185F has about 15 to 20 fittings to grease!

Ogre

Equipment
Jul 9, 2014
Martinsville, IN
Instead of looking through a paper copy may I suggest going to Kubota.com
Select "PARTS", select "ILLUSTRATED PARTS LIST"
Agree to the terms and then type in your tractor model "B7500" and you should see three models. Select "OPEN" by your model

If you want to see the optional equipment for your tractor select "local options" ... but I am off topic!

Select "top link" and I think you will see a "NIPPLE, GREASE"

Select "BOOK SEARCH" and either type in the part number or change the criteria to "part name" and type in the name.

I only saw two Zerks, both on the 3PH parts.

My L185F has about 15 to 20 fittings to grease!
Thanks, I will look through this.
>Update, that worked like a charm. I was able to search "Grease" for all my components and found out where all the fittings were. I put together a spreadsheet to keep in the shop as a reminder of all of them. It's specific to my equip. set, but I will attach it, in case anyone is interested.

Attachments

Last edited:

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
The receiver and mountings pins that attach the FEL to the frame need grease, too.

-- Carl

philoshop

Equipment
b7500, fel, mmm, back blade, 3pt carryall...
May 11, 2014
finger lakes, NY
Ogre, I have the same setup except w/ the LA302 loader. Phenomenal little workhorse!

Hard to believe there are only 3 grease fittings on the whole tractor,but that's what the manual says and I haven't found any others. I hit the moving parts that don't have zerks with lithium spray grease just to keep myself happy.

One thing I do watch out for on the loader and belly mower are loose zerks. I've found several over the last few years, so I keep a small box end wrench handy while I'm greasing.

Thanks for the handy PDF sheet. I printed a couple of copies to keep around the shop. And don't forget the gearbox oil on the MMM.

Fender5803

Equipment
L3901 LA525 BH77; LP 1860 rotory cutter; LP 1060 grapple; forks & bucket
Aug 9, 2015
Henniker, NH
Ogre, I have the same setup except w/ the LA302 loader. Phenomenal little workhorse!

One thing I do watch out for on the loader and belly mower are loose zerks. I've found several over the last few years, so I keep a small box end wrench handy while I'm greasing.
Good tip to keep the fittings tight - Thanks

KubotaL185DT

Equipment
L185 4x4, L245H, M5140HD, Case 580B Hoe, JD350 Dozer, JD LX178,
May 6, 2010
Northern Calif
I am new to the forum and my recently purchased 2001 B7500 with LA272 and RCK60-24B. I may, or may not, eventually receive the operating manuals for this equipment. Is there any online cheat sheets that show the locations of all the grease zerks for this equip. set? The unit has 1100 hours, and I want to make sure that things are greased in the meantime while I wait for the manuals and preventive maintenance schedules (which I am assuming are in the manuals?).
Thanks in advance.
Do a search on EBAY and save it to your email address as sometimes one may come along

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...aintenance+&+Lubrication+Chart+Guide&_sacat=0

Mondo

Equipment
L355ss, back blade, bush hog
Apr 17, 2017
NYS
Here's tip that worked for me. I have a 1985 L355SS and read the operators manual for the grease fittings. I kept forgetting where some were located when it came time to grease again and there is quite a few of them. SO I went and got a Yellow Paint pen and painted the back of the fittings. Much easier to locate them now.