New Member Bobcat 743 V1702 Fuel Injection Issue.....Help.

Dieselpower75

Nov 28, 2017
Ohio
*New member with a Bobcat 743 V1702

I have a fuel issue on my machine.....fuel tank full....no restrictions from tank to lift pump, no air that I know of without using a bottle flows fine when I took line off lift pump.

Pulled machine out of garage running fine , sitting at 60% throttle warming up for two minutes and it died like I shut off the fuel supply plunger, started back up ran horrible lots of smoke limped it back into the pole barn in disgust, once it cooled down it won't start at all....over fueling / out of time somehow?

Glow plugs new and working....

Just put a new head on .... probably 3 or 4 hours runtime since.....no issues until this....

Dieselpower75

Nov 28, 2017
Ohio
White+gray raw fuel....just replaced head cooling system completely gone thru ...new water pump thermostat radiator flush ect ect this is a fuel issue....

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would install a temporary clear hose from the lift pump to the injection pump with a loop in the line above the injection pump, open the jet start valve (bleeder valve) on the side of the injection pump, since the primer bulb is not working right, crank it till the clear line is full of fuel, then close the jet start valve, set throttle to high, crack all the lines at the injectors, crank again till all lines are flowing fuel and tighten, should fire up.
If it does then run it for a while checking the loop for bubbles.
If it does not start pull the lines off at the injection pump and look for fountains of fuel to come out of the delivery valves while cranking.
Check back with us on this.

Check the fuel for Gasoline contamination, that will cause this problem too.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
My 743 ran good one day, ran rough and then wouldn't start, the next. Long story short, the draw straw in the fuel tank had cracked and was drawing air.