New Land Pride Tiller Problem

Gamehunter

Equipment
L3800,LandPride Mower, Ford Flail Mower, Green Tiller
Apr 13, 2014
Cadillac,MI
I recently purchased a Land Pride rta1566 tiller from my local dealer. Upon receipt I decided to go out and give it a try in one of my food plot fields. As I went to engage the tiller the pto turned but the tiller would not engage, pto clutch was not adjusted correctly. Once service was called out to adjust clutch it was off to the races. I was tilling a small 1/2 acres plot for less than an hour when the back door come off due to small clip falling off and before I noticed it had bent the other side hole, a small part of the under frame and scratched the upper frame along the edge. it went back into service and they were just going to put the door back on with new clip and call it good. I stopped them there and asked them what they were going to do about the frame door and paint. They decided that they would keep it and fix the tiller what I thought would be back into new condition. When I got it back they had put a new door on it, and straightened the frame the best they could then took a can of paint and sprayed a thin layer to cover the metal. I have contacted the dealer and am still not happy with there service, in any other industry this would not be acceptable but in the tractor industry this is going above and beyond. I am just wondering if I am holding them to a standard that is just beyond the industry?

Attachments

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I would agree that the machine should work perfectly from the get go.
the door SHOULD not fall off - and once it did - it should be fixed as good as new.

On the flip side - the first rock you hit will knock the paint off, after 8 hours, there will be lots of places for the paint to be fixed.

I would make sure the door works as it should, and have them give you the can of paint for free! They did not design the tiller - but should stand behind the workmanship and fix what breaks early - which I think they are trying to do, stand behind the product. Just my 2 cents

Camlocker75

Equipment
L3830, L3901, JD 5103
Dec 30, 2015
Alabama
I feel your pain. I typically am not impressed with service work simply because they always seem to do it half a--ed. I'm either tightening a bolt that was left loose or painting a scratch that was not there previously....it's just the "new" way of the world...it seems like there is no pride in what people do anymore.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

Equipment
L4701HST, LP RCF2072 Rotary Cutter, LP RTA2072 Tiller, Diamond C 45HDT
Sep 14, 2016
Southeast Kansas
Exact thing happened to mine in the first few hours. I got lucky and found the bolt and had to get a new anchor for it, but it hasn't come off again after another 20 hours or so.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I get what you going for, buttttt, it's a peice of ground engaging equipment, it will get beat up using it.
I wouldn't sweat the small stuff. ;)

wardsfarmnj

Equipment
2016 L3901 FEL 2004 BX1500 FEL 71" Tiller 37" Tiller 71" Finish Mower Flail Mow
Jul 8, 2015
Mannington Twp. NJ
Agree with wolfman, a tiller is going to get beat up. My sill plate was a little protruded on the tiller I just got, started leaking a gear oil. They sent me a new sill plate but I just banged this one into place and through some gasket maker around it. I've used mine for about 4-5 hours and there are already nice marks on it...they are inevitable

Kingcreek

Equipment
Grand L3010 GST 4wd, LA481FEL, various attachments and accessories
Aug 3, 2011
NW Illinois
The drag plate shouldn't have fallen off but the fix sounds reasonable. I think expecting them to make it like new is overreacting.
It's a tiller. Mine has unearthed bricks, pieces of steel T post, rocks etc.
scars happen when you use em.

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
I would demand a new tractor.....[emoji23]***129315;[emoji2][emoji1][emoji28][emoji16]
Sorry..[emoji55]couldn't resist...[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk