New L4600 with metal in hydraulic fluid

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I would climb the chain of command until I got satisfaction. Don't let them keep jerking you around. New tractors shouldn't give problems if they're operating correctly.

Cdog

Jul 2, 2014
Union mo
Thanks to all for your input. I will let you know the outcome.

I just want a different tractor and get on with my business. I was thinking the other day that if I had financed this tractor , I would let them repossess it if I couldn't get satisfaction.

In this instance, it's unfortunate that its paid for. Lol.

Cdog

Jul 2, 2014
Union mo
The dealership tore my tractor apart to find that a bearing that supports a stub shaft from the rear end to the transmission was not installed in the factory.This allowed a gear to dig into the rear transmission housing causing all the metal.

The tractor is in pieces and the replacent transmission housing is in Taiwan and won't arrive in the states until the end of August .

My salesman and the shop foreman both talked to their reps. No surprise , kubota wants to fix it and send it down the road with me. I was told to call kubota myself. I tried twice and a woman transferred me to someone who wasn't there, and then to an automated system that asked me my name, model, and serial number and description of problem. I have received no response yet.

The owner of the dealership called me today. He said he didn't have any good news for me ,but told two different reps this is not going away. He feels I deserve a new tractor also, for whatever that's worth. It did make me feel a little better. Like I said before in an earlier post, I have an excellent dealership.

This has been a horrible experience so far.

Balvar24

Equipment
L3800 HST, 5ft Rotary Cutter, 5ft Box Blade, Pallet Forks, 72" Rotary Tiller
Feb 18, 2014
Rock Ridge
A good dealer would take care of the issue for you.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Thanks for letting us know what caused the problem.

Waiting until the end of August for warranty work (parts) on a brand new tractor is unacceptable! That's about two months!

The dealer really needs to step up and go to bat for you!!!

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
Have you heard anymore on this issue? Based on what has happened, there is no reason why they can't give you a new tractor, one you paid for. I would be on them, both the dealer and Kubota until this was resolved with a new tractor. Please do keep us all informed.

Rob

Cdog

Jul 2, 2014
Union mo
I went by the shop monday afternoon, to see what was up. the salesman came out and told me unofficially things were looking good. That i was going to get a different tractor with my same loader. I said great. supposedly they were just working out the details. I would have a new tractor by the end of the week. I was pleased.

My happiness was short lived. The owner of the dealership called tonight again. Once again he said he had no good news for me. He said he has been rattling cages without any luck. I asked about the new tractor in the works and he said the dealership couldn't just give me one and "Kubota said they don't care".

I told him I have never sued anyone before but I'm not taking this up the &$$. Once again he said he understood .

I have found some information about lemon laws for farm equipment . It appears Missouri does have one. I am stuck in this waiting game for now.

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
I give you credit as you have more patience for this than I would. I would bet that if you had an attorney contact Kubota, that would about change their tune right there. They dont want that negative publicity. Also now days the negative stuff travels very fast with the internet. Sounds like the dealer is trying to get you a new tractor at least. Hard not to be angry with them as they sold it to you, but I think you know this is Kubota's mistake and they are the ones who should suck it up and make it right by getting you the new tractor your paid alot of money for.

Rob

apeckham

Equipment
L3800HST, Buhler 6' Finish Mower, Land Pride APS500, Land Pride RB3774
Feb 24, 2014
Corning, IA, USA
I would be asking the dealer for the names, numbers, date/times he talked to people at Kubota. This info could be very valuable if you end up in court. It will also keep the dealers feet to the fire and let you know he is actually working on your behalf.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
CDog...

MO has a "Lemon Law!":)

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/MO_law.html

I bought a Z-28 from a dealer in CA. Worked good except, the tranny started grinding at about 700mi. I am Mr. Easy on manual transmissions and clutches so I took it back. They blew me off with "readjustments." ?!?!?! Huh? I took it back and said the words "LEMON LAW" and the next thing you know, I had a loaner car and the tranny was completely disassembled. Turns out, GM had over-machined the synchros on all the gears. They put new ones in and the car ran great. At least until the rear end started whining at 35K because they had mis-machined the rear end too. Last GM car. (Sorry!)

See if it applies to tractors!

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Make sure you tell the dealer and Kubota folks that you are posting here and that there is growing interest in your issue. I am a lobbyist...and can assure you...your issue is not theirs UNTIL you have their attention...which you can help get yourself by enrolling others (OTT in this case).

Make sure the rep is aware that brand loyalty issues on OTT is paramount...and this is not showing you or the OTT that they are equally loyal to their buyers...

The best technique is firm, constant, POLITE force. You want them and their chain of command to feel pressure from you...that is the only way they will internalize your pressure into their system and actually see your issue as theirs...then things will happen.

I do it for a living...so it works...constant/firm/polite force...(key word...force)

Cdog

Jul 2, 2014
Union mo
The owner of the dealership called a few minutes ago. He said it looks like I'm getting another tractor. Should be by the end of the week. He said it was a hassle but he got it done.

They are going to flush the lines on the loader, and put my rear tires on it since they are fluid filled. I'm totally fine with that. The stickers are still on the tires.

I haven't got it yet, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen.

I have spent a lot of time preparing for a fight. Looks like I might not have to. I've talked to BBB, Missouri attorney generals office, and was just about to call an attorney that specializes in Farm equipment lemons.

I didn't want to have to get an attorney, but it was starting to look like I would have to. It was going to be especially bad since I am friends with almost everyone that works there. One guy was best man in my wedding and is the godfather of my son.

I will let you know what happens. Thanks to all for your comments, support, and advice.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You got one hell of a dealer from the sounds of things:) glad they are getting it worked out for you

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Excellent perseverance and attitude throughout. I hate engaging attorney's as well since their product, by definition, is an inefficient waste of time an money. People with honor and ethics should always be able to reach a deal that is a win for everyone.

In this case, Kubota screwed up, it's not hard to prove and I think that's what finally got your dealer to get through to them. They can fix the transmission and sell it to someone else 'as is: no warranty' low hour 'demo-service' tractor. It will probably live many years and the new owner will likely have few problems with it due to your rapid and thorough service work on it. It's not a significant loss to Kubota, but they need to have words with an assembly tech!

I truly admire the work you put in here. Good luck with the new unit, and I'm sure you'll feel better about it over the life of the unit.

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
way to go Cdog! ! !:cool:

Fair, Firm & Formal gets the job done.
I wish your dealer was closer to me. Mine KNOWS they are doing me a favor by taking my $$$.