New L Series Mid Mount Mower ?

sardillim

Equipment
b2650
Nov 24, 2019
Easton
For the last two years I've had an LX 3310 with really no complaints. I would like to step up to a full L but the lawn that I maintain on my property is not really conducive to a tow behind style mower. Does anybody know if there's a way to attach a mid mount mower to a full size L with a cab?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Standard Ls do not have midPTOs. Grand Ls do, but I don’t know if midmount mowers are available for them or not. There were some once upon a time, so maybe an aftermarket solution is available.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I see some threads:

I see this in Australia, suggesting they still sell them there (I'm in NZ, I've had to ship parts I want from the US as they're not sold here. Funny to think there might be something that you want that's only available in our part of the world).

The PDF that goes with that Aussie link tells me you want an RC72-38 (which is a 72 inch deck).

Messicks have a part catalog for that product: https://www.messicks.com/commoncatalog?vendor=ku&modelId=86069

Apparently there's two for sale on TractorHouse, NY and Michigan:

If it were me, I'd start by calling Messicks and asking if they can source you one. Only if that fails look at second hand - you'd want to be sure you had all the attaching parts to make it lift.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
For the last two years I've had an LX 3310 with really no complaints. I would like to step up to a full L but the lawn that I maintain on my property is not really conducive to a tow behind style mower. Does anybody know if there's a way to attach a mid mount mower to a full size L with a cab?
If you have no mid pto, how would you operate the mowing deck?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Having said that, I'll also check for understanding.

When you say "tow behind style mower" do you mean a rear finish mower on a 3 pt hitch, or a genuine tow behind mower? In my part of the world a tow behind mower looks like this:

But I'm guessing you're talking about a rear finish mower like this:

I personally like mid mount mowers. But if I had a Grand-L, I think I'd want a wider mower than 72 inch.

What exactly about the property would stop you using a rear finish mower? Is it too rough (in which case a gang mower or a flex mower could sort that out), or is it tight corners (maybe practice would sort that out?), or too much backing and filling?

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
The new Grand L's available now as 60 Series have mid PTO, but no Mid Mount Mower is available. If you're looking to step up in size to an L or Grand L, and a 3 pt brush hog or finish mower may not work, consider a Flail Mower. It occupies less space behind the mower and from what I understand can provide nearly a "finish mower" type cut. I have a an L3560 LE and love it with a brush hog for trails and areas of the farm which don't need a finish cut. Rather than investing in a 3 pt finish mower and trying to work in the "yard" area with a larger tractor, I just plan to get a zero turn for the "yard". Much lighter in weight and quicker and takes up as much storage space as the finish mower would.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Once upon a time a MMM could be installed to some GL models. Do not know if such is still the case.

Might want to keep your 3310 with MMM unless planning to step well up into the GL line-up.

I own both B3350 and L6060 models. The B3350 is about the largest tractor that I would consider using with a MMM.

Certainly would not consider any MMM with my GL6060.

SDT

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Why not just get a decent zero turn to mow with? I had a B7510 with the MMM and it just got in the way when you were doing loader work or in rough terrain. Also was just a pain to constantly remove and reinstall the MMM every week or two...

Reactions: 1 users

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Why not just get a decent zero turn to mow with? I had a B7510 with the MMM and it just got in the way when you were doing loader work or in rough terrain. Also was just a pain to constantly remove and reinstall the MMM every week or two...
Ditto... easier to have something to mow grass and the dedicated loader tractor.

Reactions: 1 user