New guy tryng to get decent pricing

machz

Jun 1, 2017
nh
So I'm thinking about picking up a new BX25 for my home. I currently have a small lawn tractor for mowing and general yard work. I also have a snow blower attachment that I use. I have a little over 3 acres and my driveway is about 175 ft long so I think the BX 25 will fit well. My first questions is am I picking the right tractor for the job

This will be my first time purchasing a tractor so my second question is what kind of a discount from MSRP I can expect. I will be financing using the 0% I'm just looking for a ballpark so I have an idea of what to expect when I go into negotiate.

Thank you

BX25DLB-T-1 - 4WD TRACTOR W/ROPS, LOADER, BACKHOE & TURF TIRES
$26,331.00

View Standard Features
1 12" BUCKET FOR BT602 BACKHOE
$491.00
1 BX MECHANICAL THUMB FOR BACKHOE
$375.00
1 54" SIDE DISCHARGE FINE CUT FINISHING MOWER
$1,939.00
1 BALLAST BOX
$245.00
1 QUICK HITCH SUBFRAME
$604.00
1 MID PTO DRIVELINE KIT
$624.00
1 50" RESIDENTIAL FRONT MOUNT SNOWBLOWER
$1,999.00
1 ELECTRIC CHUTE ROTATION KIT FOR 50" FRONT SNOWBLOWERS
$379.00

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Size sounds right to me. I maintain 5 acres and the BX25 has done everything I've asked of it. I'm not sure on pricing... the BX25D is really last years model, so should come with a good discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machz

Jun 1, 2017
nh
Thanks for the information. The model/specs are from Kubota's web so I thought it was still a current model. I guess I'm looking for the BX23SLB-T

Thank you

Last edited:

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum Machz. Glad you joined with us here.

Please post pictures when you get your new toy.... I mean tractor.:D

Amf232

Equipment
Bx1870
Jul 13, 2016
Massachusetts
It you're going with the front mount snowblower I would recommend getting the hydraulic chute rotation. The electric doesn't look as nice. I have the hydraulic. It's a little pricey, but worth it. To me at least.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
It's nice to see you do some homework. Now go to Tractorhouse.com and look around there. You will get dealer names and locations from many places who will gladly give you prices you can compare. And many will arrange shipping for you as well. By now I am sure you have gotten the prices off of the Kubota website for much of the equipment.
But what you show is full retail. That's way more than you should be paying. Besides Kubota has rebates for most machines and with those you can save quite a bit. Have them sharpen their pencils.

Last edited:

machz

Jun 1, 2017
nh
It's nice to see you do some homework. Now go to Tractorhouse.com and look around there. You will get dealer names and locations from many places who will gladly give you prices you can compare. And many will arrange shipping for you as well. By now I am sure you have gotten the prices off of the Kubota website for much of the equipment.
But what you show is full retail. That's way more than you should be paying. Besides Kubota has rebates for most machines and with those you can save quite a bit. Have them sharpen their pencils.
Thanks for the information. I do a ton of research before I buy anything so I have a clue what I'm talking bout when it's time to purchase. I honestly never even thought of buying a tractor online until I started reading about dealers like Barlow. I will be getting quotes from online and in state and if in state can come close I will buy local otherwise I will look online.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Thanks for the information. I do a ton of research before I buy anything so I have a clue what I'm talking bout when it's time to purchase. I honestly never even thought of buying a tractor online until I started reading about dealers like Barlow. I will be getting quotes from online and in state and if in state can come close I will buy local otherwise I will look online.
Great. I did a lot of research when I bought my tractor. My dealer told me to look online for the best deal I could find and he would beat it.
No excuses, no trying to talk me out of it, just good business sense. He worked with me closely and was able to deliver what I wanted at a good price.