New clicking noise just showed up. L2501

KubotaDuluth

Equipment
L2501
Mar 14, 2021
Minnesota
Thanks for the procedure! I'd say I'm right in the money. Starts to engage right as the lever meets the second (PTO on) notch. I can see how having that cable too tight would leave it half engaged/half disengaged and just grind. Thanks again!!

Fido Farms

Equipment
L3901, 35 Massey, Summit X 146, Polaris 700 RMK, Yamaha Viking
May 27, 2018
Canada
Sooooo? Did the PTO cable adjustment solve your noise problem?

KubotaDuluth

Equipment
L2501
Mar 14, 2021
Minnesota
Sooooo? Did the PTO cable adjustment solve your noise problem?
No, I was happy with the cable as it was and no adjustment was needed. It was where the spec/procedure said it should be. The tractor still sounds exactly the same. But at least I can rule out the PTO grinding because it is trying to engage when it shouldn't be.

Honestly, I think it is just the way the machine sounds and I didn't notice it before. All our machines sound the same, and that guy from 2018 even went to a dealership to listen to a couple new machines and they all sounded the same as well.

19thSF

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, loader, MMM, pallet forks, tooth bar, rear blade, JD 318 w/plow, JD X350
Mar 1, 2020
Glendale, Rhode Island
For what ever it's worth, I have a "clicking" sound in the tranny. Disappears at higher RPM or when PTO is engaged.

The best explanation I came up with is gear lash. The gears are "straight cut" and there has to be some room for gear engagement. That space can cause what is described as a clicking sound. Bias cut gears
don't have this problem.

1616078861132.png

I don't know it this is at all relevant. Just throwing it out there.

Good luck with the issue.