New BX25D owner

OranjeBX25

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Mar 11, 2015
ShingleTown Ontario, Canada
Hi everyone

Excited to receive my new BX25DTLB next Tuesday. after my dealer drops it off, what's the first thing I should be checking myself? Just trying to avoid any first time mistakes or something the dealer might miss. Anyone have any advice?

Look forward to learning all I can from the forum.

Cheers

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Always double check check all the levels of everything. ;)

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Congrats OranjeBX25 and welcome to the forum. Now get your wallet out and start buying add-ons! :eek:

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Dealer should go over everything from greasing, fluids how to take bh/ loader on an off and any other questions before delivery or as they take it off the trailer and don't rush it.

OranjeBX25

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Mar 11, 2015
Thanks Hickory. Yeah I think I've opened the add on flood gates with this one. It's so versatile. I have a short list I'll take care of over time or as I need them.

Thanks to everyone else for the tips. I'll be sure to go through everything with the delivery.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Number 1- READ THE OWNERS MANUAL , TWICE !
after that keep an eye fluids , check lug nuts torque, keep an eye out for any leaks . Other than that just enjoy , you are going to have a ball .

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome and good on you for your new toy,,,errr tool I mean tool:D Everything said is wonderful advice, I will here remark however .... REMEMBER she is a SMALL tractor, don't expect it to do things a 988 would do, work with in the constraints of the machine and it will never stop surprising you. It will do more than you can imagine, but with that in mind, I would remind you to think the job through first;) what ever your doing! Have fun and the sound of a diesel working is a beautiful sound

nzzshl

Equipment
1982 Yanmar GT14(YM146), 2015 BX25, BX5450 snowblower
Jan 12, 2015
Fenton, Mi
I'm happy for you that you've taken possession of the little beast. All of the suggestions given by the members have been written down as I will be having mine delivered next week. The deal said he's certain that he'll be able to secure a snowblower for me but did warn that they are of seasonal availability. Anyway, I will be on the watch for continuing suggestions to your thread. Congratulations, OranjeBX25!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Hi everyone

Excited to receive my new BX25DTLB next Tuesday. after my dealer drops it off, what's the first thing I should be checking myself? Just trying to avoid any first time mistakes or something the dealer might miss. Anyone have any advice?

Look forward to learning all I can from the forum.

Cheers
Everyone else has the excellent advice on the manual - read it, highlight areas that you need to come back too, then read it again! - check fluids and grease her - there are OVER 2 dozen zerks - floorboard is a overlooked one - find a good grease gun that works well!

Unless you have enjoyed a FEL and or backhoe - allow the learning curve to sink in - what takes me 20 minutes to do now took me an hour before or more, the hoe is harder to get it going perfectly at first. ALLOW the time to do things well.

Always think about the safety things too - ROPS and SEATBELTS are a matching pair......

Bucket full and low are a matching pair....

Side hills are a pucker - roll over is rare but - dont risk it !

Follow break in to 50 hours......

above ALL else - take it easy and have a hellva fun time!!!:)

OranjeBX25

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Mar 11, 2015
Great advice everyone! I really appreciate it all.

Skeets - Great advice! I have some pretty big jobs to do around my property, but I know this little beauty will have no issues with them if I take my time.

85Hokie - Hopefully I'll get the hang of it quickly. I've been driving Fork Truck for about 12 years, so I fully understand tipping points and stability. I know a tractor and Fork Truck aren't the same, but the principals are. I can't wait to get it out and so some digging!!

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
I don't know what kind of projects you have planned, but you will find the back hoe is an invaluable tool. I had a Case 580K at work, so my BX is a midget in comparison, but you can get your little BX in some remarkable places, it just takes a little longer. Remember all your power is at curl. Play with it, and dig. I use my hoe as much as I use the bucket. Just remember every bucket full or hoe bucket you dig, saves you 1/2 hour of shovel work and your back.... have fun!

OranjeBX25

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Mar 11, 2015
Bearskinner - I have quite a bit of landscaping to do. I need to dig a trench to the workshop for a natural gas line. Tear out all the old interlocking brick from the driveway and parking areas and widen said parking areas and the driveway itself, all 300 feet of it. I have a drainage issue at the end of the drive I'd like to take care of too.

Thanks to everyone for all the great advice! My dealer is dropping the new beast off tonight. This has to be the longest day at work I've ever had.