New BX25D and first tractor for me

Basilone

Oct 19, 2017
Taylorsville
I bought a BX25DLB with cab and only 30 hours for ~16,500. I actually didn't want a cab, but the deal seemed too good to pass so are the cabs easily removable? It also has the cab heater so not sure how much, if any, complication that adds to cab removal. I want to remove the cab to fit in garage for winter.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Cab with heat? Hard cab from Curits?

If it is, that's a $5k cab with the heater, just so you know. It's not hard to take off, but it is very heavy. And whatever you do make sure ya don't break that front windshield. That part costs a fortune to replace.

If it's another type cab you would have to post pictures to show us what ya have.

geoff

Equipment
b2410 tractor, FM90 topper,RS1200 cultivator,bearcat 4 inch chipper,b1610.
Jul 7, 2017
essex uk.
Welcome to you, I have a heated cab on my b2410, but as you say, they are a little tall for most out buildings, I'm going to fabricate a shelter for mine big enough to get my 2 ton tracked excavator in with it.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
Man, I would love to have a quality cab for snow blowing this winter!

Basilone

Oct 19, 2017
Taylorsville
It is the Curtis cab with heater. I picked it up Thursday, but went camping right after dropping it off at the house. I am a few hours away from home so I'm not able to upload images now. I will post one later tonight when I get home.

After picking it up I did notice it appears the doors will come out easily so I may not need to remove the cab. My biggest concern was cooking in there in the summer.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
My B2650 cab will not fit in my garage either, barn is a few hundred yards from the house so guess I will just gear up and trudge out there in bad weather. Summer time you definitely need AC or open doors, solar makes cabs way hot but at below zero that heat is going to be sweet.

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
It is the Curtis cab with heater. I picked it up Thursday, but went camping right after dropping it off at the house. I am a few hours away from home so I'm not able to upload images now. I will post one later tonight when I get home.

After picking it up I did notice it appears the doors will come out easily so I may not need to remove the cab. My biggest concern was cooking in there in the summer.

Lucky, I paid $5k for the hard cab and heater from curtis!! If it fits, keep it on the tractor! It's one the the best cabs. And if you use it in the winter its great with the heater. I have to put my heater on low or else I cook inside. So i am blowing snow with a tshirt on most times!

For the summer, I take off the back hard door for the backhoe, I take both hard doors off. They are just like the jeep doors. You unclick the top hydro bars and the doors slide right up and off. I also remove the windshield. If they did it right the windshield wiper will have a quick disconnect for the power. Them you can unclick the two bottom latches and unbolt the top two latches off the windshield. and they flip up and out of the way.

Just be very careful if you take off the windshield. On drop and the glass will crack or break. I ratchet strap moving blankets on the windshield, doors and back and store them in my basement all summer long. It's been so warm lately that I haven't put the kubota in winter mode yet (snow blower on, doors and cab all put back together and front loader and backhoe off, and salt spread hooked up). Maybe next week.

You don't HAVE to take the windshield off. but I like it being really open in the summer. plus I'm always afraid when digging or doing some ofther summer activity that I might crack the front windshield. Some rock or branch hitting it.

Basilone

Oct 19, 2017
Taylorsville
If it fits, keep it on the tractor! It's one the the best cabs. And if you use it in the winter its great with the heater.
I think I will keep it on now that I can see the doors and rear window can easily come off. I have a few project I can work on during the winter to see how it goes.