New BX23S Issues

2 Bears

Feb 27, 2018
PA
The tractor was delivered this week and with less that 6 hrs on it I have a growing list of gripes with my assembly team.

My 60" plow came with a male and a female fitting, my third function came with both male fittings. So i couldn't try it out, so i let the dealer know and they said stop by and pick up another female fitting and i could swap it out with a little teflon tape. I guess no big deal but ok. So i swap it out and go to hook it up and the fittings are all the wrong diameter.... so still can't use it.

The boot for the bagger was assembled on to the MMM but they delivered with the chute in place because the hoe was on and not the bagger, understandable from the liability side but the mounts on the boot were out of adjustment. Adjusted, still doesn't seem to fit 100%, getting the rear pin in the boot is a real bear.

My pto selector was stuck. Absolutely could not move it. Had to oil the linkage and work it, then finally worked the engagement lever per the dealers recommendation and was finally able to get it tog shift. A little more oil and it is working relatively freely.

My third function fitting worked apart and sprayed hyd. fluid all over the front of the tractor. Took the cover off and it was literally flopping around. Tighten down and added ~32oz to bring back up to full.

Was I overly optimistic to expect not to have to work on a new machine? How would you handle this with the dealer? I love the tractor but I feel that with 3.5 weeks for delivery all of this should have been 100% addressed.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sounds like the dealer needs to have a talk with the shop about there quality control. From making sure all the features on a machine are installed and working properly, to the correct fittings on any attachments.

Koopster

Equipment
2015 BX 25D
Jun 9, 2015
Heart's Content
The tractor was delivered this week and with less that 6 hrs on it I have a growing list of gripes with my assembly team.

My 60" plow came with a male and a female fitting, my third function came with both male fittings. So i couldn't try it out, so i let the dealer know and they said stop by and pick up another female fitting and i could swap it out with a little teflon tape. I guess no big deal but ok. So i swap it out and go to hook it up and the fittings are all the wrong diameter.... so still can't use it.

The boot for the bagger was assembled on to the MMM but they delivered with the chute in place because the hoe was on and not the bagger, understandable from the liability side but the mounts on the boot were out of adjustment. Adjusted, still doesn't seem to fit 100%, getting the rear pin in the boot is a real bear.

My pto selector was stuck. Absolutely could not move it. Had to oil the linkage and work it, then finally worked the engagement lever per the dealers recommendation and was finally able to get it tog shift. A little more oil and it is working relatively freely.

My third function fitting worked apart and sprayed hyd. fluid all over the front of the tractor. Took the cover off and it was literally flopping around. Tighten down and added ~32oz to bring back up to full.

Was I overly optimistic to expect not to have to work on a new machine? How would you handle this with the dealer? I love the tractor but I feel that with 3.5 weeks for delivery all of this should have been 100% addressed.

It also sounds like the dealer should be offering you the 50 hour service free for your troubles. No excuse for letting something like that out of the shop in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Bears

Feb 27, 2018
PA
It also sounds like the dealer should be offering you the 50 hour service free for your troubles. No excuse for letting something like that out of the shop in my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is where I am headed, i'd like a tech onsite to check everything now to make sure there are no big opps I am missing and I the the 50 should be free. Not sure if I am being unreasonable or not.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I dont know where you are in the Keystone, but I would be knocking on the owners door the managers door and big "K"s email. Sure you can find somethings that might not be 100%, but not all that, I would also check all oils, you know just to make sure they did check those. And lets face it they have kids paid min wage that aint the sharpest knife in the drawer putting this stuff togther, most times with out much training. So yeah I wouldnt deal with the sales man go to the top,,just MHO... And if you cant get anything done,, then a posting of the dealer in here might help someone else from having issues with that dealer

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Didn't someone go over all the details and functions when it was delivered?

I'd contact the dealership and ask whoever answered the phone, "If I was looking for the owner of this business who would I be asking for?" When I got him/her on the phone I would tell them the same as you wrote here. Ask if that's how they do business with a new machine? Is that Kubota's policy, (the way you handled delivery, and incomplete details)? Then request a tech (not the assembly person) come to your location to fix all items and give the tractor a runthrough.

If that can't get results I'd climb the ladder to Corp. but give the owner a chance to fix things. That will help him to see his incompetent help, and maybe get that fixed for others.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Lots of good advice above.^^^^^^

No way should a machine been delivered with that many issues and not a full go over by the delivery person and you.
Brand new machine, the dealer should of been out at your place PDQ to take care of the issues.