New BX2380 owner....grease question

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
A definition of terms might be appropriate.

“Cheap” can mean two different things.
George - true.

When I said "cheap" my intent was an apparent/possibly inferior product.

While I've always bought "quality" name brands, I did not get the highest-priced tube on the shelf. I sure as heck get stuff on sale when possible.

I've been getting Lucas Red 'N Tacky for a few years. While it may not be the best-suited for the Loader, it may be better suited for the MMM, blower, etc.

It's just the differentiation between certain types of greases more-suited to certain applications was all new to me. like I said, I thought I knew all I needed to know about grease....:eek:

But since my little BX is not a heavy-duty use in most instances, I've decided that I'm probably better off just greasing with "good" stuff regularly, regardless of its application.

Now Bulldog's mention of pit work, or "real' farm work are another story. That does require some more thought....

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Get the XL lock n lube, it works in every fitting on my BX23..
Sounds 100% like an opinion to me. Never had one, don't need one either. Any good grease coupler will have adjustable jaws.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Sounds 100% like an opinion to me. Never had one, don't need one either.
Now, don’t get “Flippant”.... everyone can use an opinion. Even yourself. ;)

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Sounds 100% like an opinion to me. Never had one, don't need one either. Any good grease coupler will have adjustable jaws.
Before you inform us on your limited opinion try out a LNL first.

Sorry but LNL is the winner in my books. Bought one 7 years ago and still works perfectly every time. Screw on 3 jaw POS coupler style ones just dont last, they pull out zerks, fall apart easily and leak more grease everywhere but where I need it. Ive given up trying to find a GOOD 3 jaw screw on grease coupler, like Sasquatch they just dont exist.

propuckstopper

Equipment
GR2010, BX2380
Jan 10, 2018
Canada

Sorry but LNL is the winner in my books. Bought one 7 years ago and still works perfectly every time. Screw on 3 jaw POS coupler style ones just dont last, they pull out zerks, fall apart easily and leak more grease everywhere but where I need it. Ive given up trying to find a GOOD 3 jaw screw on grease coupler, like Sasquatch they just dont exist.
I actually have both, and certainly prefer the Lock n' Lube. It just seems to keep things a little cleaner. The only problem I find with the LnL is on grease nipples that have a little less accessibility. The LnL is quite long so it doesn't always "fit" into certain spaces.

The LnL has certainly made my greasing life easier. But, could I live without it and just use a regular 3 jaw? Yes, probably.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia

LNL is good in theory but I have way to many fittings that it simply won't work on. I'd guess it's close to 50%.

I don't hardly ever have trouble with my 3 jaw couplers. Main thing is clean the zerk before trying to grease it and then if it leaks it probably needs replaced. Been using the same Lincoln coupler for years without issue and I grease a lot.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Geez i dunno guys... i`ve had the same snap-on tool grease gun for over 30yrs, 3-jaw, still workin just fine for me. I tried one of those fancy nancy LNL ends on my grease gun, ended up tossing it the first day i had it. I couldnt grease half the fittings because the damn thing was to long to fit into tight spaces. Live an learn as they always say.

Grease? Yup, cheap stuff works just fine. If it didnt, i probably would have seen a bunch of problems show up in the last 50+yrs using it. If i use my equipment more often, i grease everything more often, common sense in play here.

I think some are just over thinking and over paying. But if you gotta have the blingbling, have at it, it aint my wallet gettin emptied.

;)