New b5200 owner

Dsweld

Equipment
Kubota B5200d
Mar 28, 2024
Central square ny
I purchased a b5200 with 3 cylinder diesel. I bought it not running and after some troubleshooting i adjust valves then it ran. I had it running for about 1/2 hour then it died. So i got new filter and cleaned tank and new fuel. Bleed system and got fuel to injectors. I got it it start and stall a few times. It only ran for few second and very little rpm. I did have it running longer on wd40 for over 30 sec anyhow. I put new lift pump in it and pulled lines at injection pump. It is pumping fuel out of all 3 ports but im not sure if it’s enough. It seems either the injection pump isnt strong enough or the injectors are clogged. Any thoughts or does anyone know how high fuel shoots out of injection pump. With compression release it spurts about 6-8” in the air. When release isnt pulled it’s a 1”-1 1/2” in the air with a steadier stream. Any help would be great thanks

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I purchased a b5200 with 3 cylinder diesel. I bought it not running and after some troubleshooting i adjust valves then it ran. I had it running for about 1/2 hour then it died. So i got new filter and cleaned tank and new fuel. Bleed system and got fuel to injectors. I got it it start and stall a few times. It only ran for few second and very little rpm. I did have it running longer on wd40 for over 30 sec anyhow. I put new lift pump in it and pulled lines at injection pump. It is pumping fuel out of all 3 ports but im not sure if it’s enough. It seems either the injection pump isnt strong enough or the injectors are clogged. Any thoughts or does anyone know how high fuel shoots out of injection pump. With compression release it spurts about 6-8” in the air. When release isnt pulled it’s a 1”-1 1/2” in the air with a steadier stream. Any help would be great thanks
With fountains like that you have no issue with the injection pump.
You more than likely have not gotten all the air out of the injector lines, it takes a lot longer than most expect.

Dsweld

Equipment
Kubota B5200d
Mar 28, 2024
Central square ny
With fountains like that you have no issue with the injection pump.
You more than likely have not gotten all the air out of the injector lines, it takes a lot longer than most expect.
I’ve bleed the system multiple times but I will keep trying. I’m also going to pull injectors and see if anything comes out. I had it running and driving then it died for unknown reasons. I haven’t gotten it to run on its own since. I’ll try bleed out more and let you know thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You might want to check the injector spray pattern or have them rebuilt or replaced.

Use OEM injectors or something from a reputable source (not eBay) like Oregon fuel injector service.

They may be bad. When running does it smoke and what color smoke?

Dsweld

Equipment
Kubota B5200d
Mar 28, 2024
Central square ny
I checked spray tonite and is seems good to me. The center injector is more stream then spray but I thought it would be very little coming out and there seems to be a strong spray atleast in other 2 injectors

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's a bad injector.
I would get them all rebuilt.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I will get all rebuilt as suggested. Would that cause no start issue or only running for few seconds then dies. Thanks
Yes it could because it's essentially flooding a cylinder.
I would also do a compression test to check for damage.

Dsweld

Equipment
Kubota B5200d
Mar 28, 2024
Central square ny
I will do compression check and let you know what it is. Hopefully it’s good. I bought the tractor not running and previous owners couldn’t get it to run. I did put new fuel in it and added some motor oil to the fuel tank just to give a little extra lubricant because it was sitting awhile as I understood. It did puff a little smoke but not excessive. Then it just died. Hasn’t really restarted without spray wd40 and wouldn’t stay running for more than few seconds. Hopefully new injectors will fix that. Thanks for again help

Dsweld

Equipment
Kubota B5200d
Mar 28, 2024
Central square ny
The compression is definitely bad. 220 psi per cylinder . The test was done cold not hot. It did run and not to bad when I had it running but sounds like unless the valve adjustment is off then it’s probably time rebuild time. Not sure if I want to rebuild or find good used engine. I’ll get new injectors installed and go from there I guess.

Last edited: