New B2400 Owner with a few questions.

VRSW

Equipment
B2400
Sep 21, 2016
Anita
Just picked up a used B2400 last week. There was no owners manual with the tractor, so I've been lurking around on here and searching for answers. I was able to find the work shop manuals to download for this model, but can't find a download for the owners manual. Here are the questions I have:

1. The tractor has a Kubota loader installed. Seems to work well, but shouldn't I be able to lift the front wheels off the ground with the loader? It does have some down pressure, but doesn't have enough to lift the front.

2. Possibly related to 1?....the 3 pt arms will lower with the lever, but when you raise the lever back up, the lift arms won't raise until you run the hydraulics on the loader. Is this normal? I've read that maybe it could need the 3 pt speed knob adjusted below the seat. I tried that but that knob won't budge at all. Is there a trick to it?....should I just be able to spin that knob or do I need to somehow unlock it from its current position?

3. The rear PTO lever. With nothing attached to the PTO shaft, it will easily engage and disengage....as long as you don't push the clutch in. As soon as you push the clutch in, you can no longer engage the PTO lever......and I'm pretty sure that you'd want the clutch in when you engage the PTO?!?

4. It has turf tires all around. I'm planning on using this for snow removal this winter with a 3pt blade to drag the snow away from the buildings and the loader to push the snow into the ditch. Will this be doable without tire chains?.....or should I start looking for a set? Seems fat tires and snow are never a good combo. We normally don't get huge amounts of snow here.....normally in the 3 to 8 inch range.

Thanks for any help you can give me! I've already learned a ton here.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
1 and 2 are probably related, someone has the loader piped wrong!
Most likely they have Power beyond and return/tank reversed.

Are you sure you are dealing with the PTO shift lever and not the MID PTO shift lever?

I personally would get a set of chains for it. ;)

VRSW

Equipment
B2400
Sep 21, 2016
Anita
Piped wrong.....as in maybe I just need to swap 2 of the hyd quick connect couplers around where they connect to the loader hyd valve?

Yes.....I'm dealing with the rear PTO lever. Shouldn't you need to have the clutch pushed in to engage either of those with an implement attached?

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Piped wrong.....as in maybe I just need to swap 2 of the hyd quick connect couplers around where they connect to the loader hyd valve?

Yes.....I'm dealing with the rear PTO lever. Shouldn't you need to have the clutch pushed in to engage either of those with an implement attached?
Piped wrong as in they have the power outputs back to the tractor from the loader valve mixed up, not the loader valve outputs to the loader rams.

I'm not really sure on that model, as some models are hydraulically engaged and some are mechanically engaged.
either another B2400 user or the OPS manual can tell you.

VRSW

Equipment
B2400
Sep 21, 2016
Anita
Ok.....here is what I have. The first photo is of the hydraulic valve for the loader. There is an IN port, and OUT port and one that appears to be labeled DFP (?). As you can see from the 2nd photo, the IN hose from the valve is hooked to the front port on this block near the rear of the engine. The DFP hose from the valve is hooked to the rear port of this same block. The third photo shows the OUT hose from the valve goes to the hydraulic pump/transmission (?) Just in front of the rear axle housing. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if it is wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!