New B2301 - Question Using FEL to lift

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Ray, did you grind that piece out of the bucket where your chain hook is located (your second picture)? I am wondering about the strength at that point and if you made that cut so that the hook does not slip when hauling a load?
The Kubota square back SSQA buckets all have that notch on them, here's a wider picture from the rear:

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Yeah... Like Kenny said, they are factory. I hardly use it as I use two chains most of the time.

That said, the previous owner managed to bend mine up slightly at that point by doing something dumb. One of these days when I repaint my bucket, I'll hammer it back down. Its gonna take one "Big Jose" sledge to move it. God only knows how he did it.

Ray

Attachments

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Thanks for the replies and the pictures.

It is interesting that Kubota put that notch in the bucket. It obviously helps keep the hook from slipping. I have not had a need to install hooks on my bucket yet because I have pallet forks. However, I know that a day will come when I will have to lift something too heavy for the pallet forks and I am just trying to get ideas on load handling now so that I know what to do when the time comes.