New 2 spool control valve L175

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I looked under the mattress and may have found the amount needed for a new control valve. I think this is the one I need, and it does have float.
If you don't mind, is this what I'm looking for?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I looked under the mattress and may have found the amount needed for a new control valve. I think this is the one I need, and it does have float.
If you don't mind, is this what I'm looking for?
No. That valve has float on both spools and for loader application you only want it on the first one.

Do not forget to order the power beyond sleeve to go with it.

The ports on the new valve are all SAE - what end fittings are on your hoses?

Dan

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Don't remember what they are, just replaced all of them a couple of years ago.
Won't be able to find out for several weeks since I'm still on the mend.
Thanks for finding a single float version, looks like the one I'll buy.
If that adaptor is supposed to adapt from something to the new block it would be cheaper for me to either take my present hoses off and have new ends put on, or just have new hoses made. There's a shop I use and for some reason the hoses they make for me can cost less than one new fitting from a NAPA store.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Don't understand what the adaptor sleeve is for.
The adapter sleeve converts one of the tank outlets to power beyond. You valve hookup to the tractor requires three hoses- pump supply to the loader, tank return, and power beyond supply to the 3pt.

Keep the faith - I am struggling with health issues that limit my ability to get around as well and it sucks.

Dan

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You will have to have a port to hose adapter installed in the valve ports (female SAE threads) to become the connection points for the hoses. I guess you could have hoses that had the correct male thread to screw into the valve but it is much easier to have a swivel type connection so the hose doesn’t have to be rotated to keep it from getting twisted.

You may be able to just move the fittings from the current valve to the new one instead of buying new ones.

But Summit sells the fittings also and they can ship them with the valve. They are not too expensive unless you get more expensive materials

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
If that adaptor is supposed to adapt from something to the new block it would be cheaper for me to either take my present hoses off and have new ends put on, or just have new hoses made. There's a shop I use and for some reason the hoses they make for me can cost less than one new fitting from a NAPA store.
You could get that joystick you always wanted :) .

Reactions: 1 user

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
You will have to have a port to hose adapter installed in the valve ports (female SAE threads) to become the connection points for the hoses. I guess you could have hoses that had the correct male thread to screw into the valve but it is much easier to have a swivel type connection so the hose doesn’t have to be rotated to keep it from getting twisted.

You may be able to just move the fittings from the current valve to the new one instead of buying new ones.

But Summit sells the fittings also and they can ship them with the valve. They are not too expensive unless you get more expensive materials

This is really a learning curve for me.
It looks like the 4 ports on the valve are large and require an "0" ring. The fitting needed will be male with an "0" ring and will also be a female swivel so the hose can be connected without twisting. So, I need to know what size goes into the valve and then what female size I need to connect to my existing hoses......right? Just have to know all of that before buying 4 of these....right?
Rather then keep bothering ya'll here I'm thinking my best bet is to either wait until I can get back to the tractor, or see what kind of pics my neighbor can send me.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
This is really a learning curve for me.
It looks like the 4 ports on the valve are large and require an "0" ring. The fitting needed will be male with an "0" ring and will also be a female swivel so the hose can be connected without twisting. So, I need to know what size goes into the valve and then what female size I need to connect to my existing hoses......right? Just have to know all of that before buying 4 of these....right?
Rather then keep bothering ya'll here I'm thinking my best bet is to either wait until I can get back to the tractor, or see what kind of pics my neighbor can send me.
This is child's play. The valve has SAE oring ports and there care many options. My preference for them is this fitting. It converts the female port to a rigid male JIC connection.

68018808-Main_540x455.jpg

64000808-Main_540x251.jpg

From there you could do what Kubota does and use hoses with female JIC swivel ends like these. The result is neat and easy to install hose connections.

FJX90-XX_540x405.png

Since you already have hoses and they likely have NPT ends just convert them to JIC swivels with the sppropriate adapters. Then next time they need to be replaced you can use hoses with JIC swivel ends.

Here is the Summit vakve installed on my LA525 loader.

Dan

L3901_EZ-PZ_Remotes.jpg

Last edited:

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Great pic and info, thanks.
Here's what the setup looks like, hope I can buy everything I'll need since this is way out in the boonies.
Resized_20231019_142911.jpeg
Resized_20231019_142855.jpeg

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Here's what the setup looks like, hope I can buy everything I'll need since this is way out in the boonies.
View attachment 114214
The picture above looks like it uses the fitting style you linked in post #7

Just guessing but the hose ends look like Male 1/2 NPT
The valve that @TheOldHokie linked has #8 and #10 SAE ORB ports for connection points (and I am too lazy to figure out what ports you need to use)

So you are on the right track but you might want to consider getting some 45 degree fittings to go on top of the valve to route the hoses in a better manner (but I really can’t see where the hoses really need to go above the valve.)

I assume that Pasadena has a lot of hydraulic supply shops that sell the fittings and will let you return the ones not used. I searched for The Wilson Company who I use here in Austin but the were on the NW side of Houston so I won’t suggest them for your supply house. Tractor Supply does have some fittings but they’re limited in the stores I have been in. If you can find a shop that allows returns that would allow you to get a few fittings to try to find out what works best.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
View attachment 114214 View attachment 114215
Thats a pretty old loader valve and I only see 6 hoses. Does that loader use internal tractor hydraulics or does it have its own hydraulic pump? Looks like it probably has its own pump in which case you don't need a power beyond sleeve.

I would guess 3/8" not 1/2" hose with male NPT ends so:

4 each 6400-08-08 port adapters @$2.14

64000808-Main_540x251.jpg

2 each 6401-08-10 90 degree port adapters @$5.02 each

68018808-Main_540x455.jpg

6 each 6506-06-08 3/8 female NPT X female JIC swIvel hose adapters @ $4.49 each.

65060808-Main_540x236.jpg

Prices are Discount Hydraulic Hose online. Figure another $12 for shipping.

Last edited:

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I assume that Pasadena has a lot of hydraulic supply shops that sell the fittings and will let you return the ones not used. I searched for The Wilson Company who I use here in Austin but the were on the NW side of Houston so I won’t suggest them for your supply house. Tractor Supply does have some fittings but they’re limited in the stores I have been in. If you can find a shop that allows returns that would allow you to get a few fittings to try to find out what works best.
[/QUOTE]
Actually since the tractor is in Utopia I'll be using a large hydraulic shop about 45 miles from there in Uvalde. I can't believe the low pricing they have, way lower than NAPA.
Since I'm still on the mend from my fight with the oak tree I really don't know how long it will be before I get back to Utopia. This gives me plenty of time to shop on line and bug you fine people with my questions. I can do the work, it's just the shopping for the right fittings I'll have a problem with. I may just buy the valve, take the old one off at the hoses and carry it to that shop and tell them to make it work.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Actually since the tractor is in Utopia I'll be using a large hydraulic shop about 45 miles from there in Uvalde. I can't believe the low pricing they have, way lower than NAPA.
Since I'm still on the mend from my fight with the oak tree I really don't know how long it will be before I get back to Utopia. This gives me plenty of time to shop on line and bug you fine people with my questions. I can do the work, it's just the shopping for the right fittings I'll have a problem with. I may just buy the valve, take the old one off at the hoses and carry it to that shop and tell them to make it work.
[/QUOTE]
I just gave you a list of the fittings. They are generally much cheaper online - 1/2 or less of a brick and mortar store . Order them, put them in your pocket, and take them with you when you visit the tractor. There is nothing complicated about this - four straight fittings in the top ports and two elbows - one on each side of the valve. Put the swivel adapters on the hoses and hook them up to the fittings in the valve just like the old valve.

Dan

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I just gave you a list of the fittings. They are generally much cheaper online - 1/2 or less of a brick and mortar store . Order them, put them in your pocket, and take them with you when you visit the tractor. There is nothing complicated about this - four straight fittings in the top ports and two elbows - one on each side of the valve. Put the swivel adapters on the hoses and hook them up to the fittings in the valve just like the old valve.

Dan
[/QUOTE]
The fittings on post #11?
If so this is a big help, and thanks.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The fittings on post #11?
If so this is a big help, and thanks.
Yes - four straight adapters for the top ports, two elbow adapters for the side ports, and six swivel adapters for the hoses.

Hookup would be identical to what you currently have except the swivels are on the hoses rather than the valve.

I also asked you vernier about the pump. It looks like that loader has its own pump. If that's the case you will not need or want the power beyond sleeve.

Dan

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I've been following this thread and find it unusual there is such a challenge getting things needed for this project. After all you are in Utopia! I always thought that was the perfect society. ;) ;)

Heal quickly and keep up the good spirit!

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Yes - four straight adapters for the top ports, two elbow adapters for the side ports, and six swivel adapters for the hoses.

Hookup would be identical to what you currently have except the swivels are on the hoses rather than the valve.

I also asked you vernier about the pump. It looks like that loader has its own pump. If that's the case you will not need or want the power beyond sleeve.

Dan
There is no external pump as far as I know. I've had the whole front end off up to the trans. and didn't see any sign of one. If there was one, I'm guessing it would have to be driven on the front of the motor.
What leads you to think there is an external pump?

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I've been following this thread and find it unusual there is such a challenge getting things needed for this project. After all you are in Utopia! I always thought that was the perfect society. ;) ;)

Heal quickly and keep up the good spirit!
Things are not always what they seem. Actually I split my time between Pasadena and Utopia.
Fittings are not my thing. My resume is like this machinist, metal pattern maker, millwright, maintainance tech in 2 different industries.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
There is no external pump as far as I know. I've had the whole front end off up to the trans. and didn't see any sign of one. If there was one, I'm guessing it would have to be driven on the front of the motor.
What leads you to think there is an external pump?
If it's driven off the tractor hydraulics it needs a power beyond and I don't see one. Easy to figure our. What is connected to the other end of the pressurexsupplybhosem hose? That is the one connected to the port on the front left corner of the valve.

Dan

Last edited:

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Don't know if these pics can help. This is when I had to pull the motor several years ago.
Only other thing that comes to mind is there are two large hoses running front to back with couplings right under my foot.
IMG_1797.jpeg
IMG_1796.jpeg
IMG_1749.jpeg

Attachments