Need help with ID

Spectre381

Equipment
Kubota B2650, LA534 FEL, SGC0660 Grapple, 42" forks, ballast box, ratchet rake
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Alright everybody... looking for some implement "experts".

A few weeks ago, a neighbor of mine purchased a new 6' rotary cutter. He and I were talking a few days later and I told him I had been looking for a rotary cutter to pair up with my new B2650. Well, long story short... a few days later I was at the store and my wife texts to tell me she's looking out the front window at the neighbor unhooking a rotary cutter at the side of our house. He had decided that I needed his old cutter more than he did, so he gave it to me! I'm still shaking my head at that...

As thankful as I am, I would like to do a little refurb job on it. And that's where I need your help. The neighbor says he has no idea what make or model it is, and I can't tell either. It looks a little like maybe an older CountyLine model, but I don't know for sure. Can anyone tell me what it is or how I can find out? I'd like to do a simple refurb - new blades, remove all rust and repaint, etc.

Here are some pics from different angles... hope it helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC

m35techa2

Equipment
Kubota BX1800
Dec 28, 2016
Galena, Ohio
Spectre381, that was a nice gift from your neighbor, worth cleaning up, a buddy earlier this year gave me a woods 72" finish mower that he had sitting next to his barn that he didnt use any more, well a little elbow grease and grinding, painting and it works great behind my BX....

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Spectre381, that was a nice gift from your neighbor, worth cleaning up, a buddy earlier this year gave me a woods 72" finish mower that he had sitting next to his barn that he didnt use any more, well a little elbow grease and grinding, painting and it works great behind my BX....

That's exactly what I intend to do! I've been watching some of the refurbs billrigsby has been posting on here. Pretty sure mine won't be as pretty as his work, but I'm planning on taking it apart, stripping it down, painting, oiling, greasing, and either sharpening or replacing blades. Should look brand new in a few weeks if it goes right!

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Finished my refurb on the mower a while back, just been super slow uploading the results. Not nearly as spectacular as billrigsby's work, but I'm pretty happy with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Your neighbor just called he says sorry he left HIS mower so close to your house he'll be over to claim it later... Oh yah looks nice!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Very nicely done. If you have the time or inclination you should keep turning junk into jewels.

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Sorry meant to post this long time ago.

Below is some 15ish year old information about the company. Previously IM was JUST International Machine. Below info is later in their history starting at a time closer to when they were sold/absorbed? into World Agritech.

old thread from [url]http://www.ssbtractor.com/wwwboard/view_all.cgi?bd=farm&msg=2802[/url] said:
"The International line, aka World Agritech Corporation, was a farm implement company owned by a Robert Taylor in Bethel, Ohio. It went out of business in 2006, but its product line was then cont'd by International Techologies, owner Rick Hughes. A couple years later, that company again went out of business but was then taken on by Hawkline
Nevada International in Mount Orab, Ohio. Depending on when the product was produced, the implement may be marked as International, World Agritech Corporation, International Technologies, or International by Hawkline. Regardless of how it's named, little has changed on the International rotary cutters, plows, and discs which continue to be made here in America.
A point of confusion to some customers has been that when Robert Taylor owned the implement company, he imported tons of cheap European (mostly Italian) implements and put the WAC name on them. Some of the brands that were retooled as WAC implements include Caroni, Galfre, Cosmo, Agrex, Sicma, and others. Since the brand seems to be so shrouded in mystery, I hope this would shed some light on the situation.

For parts, I would start first with Curt Howard Company, Incorporated (C.H.E. Inc) one of the biggest dealers and distributors for International equipment who is responsible for the International brand's widespread appearance throughout the Midwest. His website lists prices for all the farm equipment he sells:

C.H.E. INC: New & Used, Retail & Wholesale Farm Equipment

Here is the rough cut mowers section. They actually list spec's and parts lists for some of the Int'l mowers.

C.H.E. Inc.: International by Hawkline Heavy Duty Rough Cut Mower Price Sheet

Also, as was already mentioned:

DN Equipment Parts
110 Front St.
Mt. Orab, OH 45154
877-885-4300 toll free
937-444-4300 phone
937-444-4331 fax

Don't confuse the two places in Mt Orab, I *believe* they are actually two implement businesses only a few miles apart.
via reference above... Scroll down to International / Agratech. http://www.cheinc.net/information.htm Might even be a manual and a parts breakdown page for this unit there. I did call the company and the salesman was... "International WHO?" He was totally clueless about their former connection with IM/Agritech. Reason I had searched all this out is cause my Buzz saw was made by IM. and I wanted to collect manuals etc. on it to maintain it properly etc.

Last edited:

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC
Thanks for the nice comments, gents!

Coachgeo - good info, might come in handy!!

Spectre381

Equipment
Aug 18, 2016
NC
EXCELLENT WORK! :)

Looks fantastic

Thank you, Sir! Most of the motivation came from looking at your projects and results!

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Looks really good to me! Wish I had your neighbors.... Be careful though,if you make it look too good he will quit replacing and giving you the hand me downs. He will be over with a 12 pack asking for help to refurbish the old stuff!