Need Help Diagnosing ZD 28f Hydraulic Lift Issue

jcansler

Feb 6, 2011
Texas
I have a ZD 28f mower with a 72" mower deck I purchased new and have 100 hours on it. The mower has always had this issue of the hydraulics squealing and struggling when lifting the deck at mowing rpms, it does not matter if the mower is hot or cold.

However, at idle the mower will lift the deck without any issues, it will lift smoothly and quietly as it should.

The mower has fresh SUDT2, new filter, and clean strainer.

Other than the hydraulic lift issue, the hydraulics are strong, the pto clutch engages smoothly without any apparent slippage, and the mower pulls strong going forward and in reverse.

I recently talked to the local Kubota service manager and was told that every time a customer has had this issue it was due to a lack of lubrication in the pto drive shaft slip joint, that the slip joint had become frozen ad therefore the lift could not generate sufficient force to lift the deck.

I know this is not the issue with mine as all of the grease fitting are greased every 10 hours, but I took the joint apart to be certain it would slide together as it should and it did.

I believe that cavitation may be the cause of this issue but if it is I do not know what to do to resolve it.

I appreciate all of your thoughts and ideas on how to remedy this issue and I sincerely Thank You for your help in this matter.

Joe

jcansler

Feb 6, 2011
Texas
Bump...

I really hope someone can advise me on how to diagnose this issue and any tests I can do, etc. that may lead to resolving this issue, or at least understanding what is going on.

I really appreciate any suggestions and thoughts any of you my have.

Thank you all for your help...

Joe