Need Advise to purchase a canopy

Frankb

Equipment
Kubota B2601, FEL, Backhoe, Belly Mower, Grapple, Rear Scrape Blade
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I posted this question in Fabrication and customization, but I think I put it in the wrong area. If this is the case, my apologizes. I will try to delete the other post as not to have a double.
Here it is again:

Ok, so I finally find a company that offers a nice canopy for my Kubota L3200 tractor and I place my order. A couple days later I am reading all sorts of horror stories about this company how they take the money and never send you a canopy at all. They don't even return your emails or phone calls. The Better Business Bureau does not even like them.
Needless to say, I cancel my order and have not even sent a penny thank goodness for that.
Now the big problem is.. Where do I go for a nice canopy now?
I have seen your home made canopies and really like some of them. I do not have the ability to make one. No welder or equipment for bending tubing so I am willing to have to pay for my canopy. That being said, who can I trust and go to for a nice one?
Does anyone out here actually have a canopy on their tractor that they really like using right now?
I would like to be able to disconnect it from time to time or maybe even reverse it when using my BH77 Backhoe attachment. I do get tangled in some low hanging branches once in a while, so canvas would be out of the question.
I have been looking and looking on the web and cannot seem to find much out there. There are a couple, but I don't know if they are any good. Before I pay out $300 to $500, I want to be sure it is a good one.
Please help, the sun is killing me here in the Piedmont of NC!

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
I have talked to my dealer, and he said they do not sell many tops at all due to the cost of them. He thought I might do better on my own. I commended him on his honesty!

williecnc

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST 4WD
May 22, 2010
Baton Rouge,Louisiana,USA
I purchased a canopy about a year ago from ebay that I am very happy with. It is a hard plastic canopy that is color matched with all mounting hardware included. The seller even put a Kubota sticker on the back of it. I paid around $250.00 and think it is worth every penny. The seller name on ebay is overbrookseniortravel and has them listed sometimes but I have not seen any listed lately. It fit good on my B7100 with the universal brackets and hardware. I don't think I would want to take on and off very often though. Can't find any more info on seller at this time. Would definitely recommend this canopy to another Kubota owner.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
do you have any pictures of the canopy?
Is there any type of brand name on it to reference by?

williecnc

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST 4WD
May 22, 2010
Can't find any paperwork on it and can't find any like it currently listed on ebay right now. Will try to get more info and or pics later for you. Don't have tractor close by right now. Sorry

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
not a problem. I welcome any and all information I can get. I really liked the one I was going to order until I read that it was a scam. What a disappointment. It really looked like a quality product to me.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
williecnc,
I contacted the bay seller you gave me and asked about the canopy. He sent me the site for it so I can purchase it.
Would it be possible for you to check the site to be sure it is the one you purchased so I know I can trust the site?
Thanks, Frank
http://www.mowercanopies.com

williecnc

Equipment
Kubota B7100 HST 4WD
May 22, 2010
That is the correct canopy company I purchased from. You figured it out! I am satisfied with mine. I have a small picture of my tractor and canopy on page three of gallery pictures. The B7100 restored. Good Luck and I hope you enjoy.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
ok williecnc, I just put in my order for the canopy. Had a nice chat with the gent at the company, and all is well. He said they are a little backed up and will ship mine out by the 24th. That is good because my tractor goes back to the dealer tomorrow for a few problems I am having with the backhoe attachment. By time I get the top, I should have the tractor back and will be ready to wire a set of front headlights to the canopy as well.
I checked your pic in the gallery and tractor looks great.

Frankb

Equipment
Apr 3, 2011
Person County NC
Had to cancel the order for canopy. Tractor went back to shop for a bad dipper stick cylinder on backhoe attachment. While the tractor was gone for repair, I thought about the canopy I ordered and realized that the mounting brackets would interfere with me sitting in between the ROPS while operating the backhoe attachment. Had another chat with my dealer and he said they had put in an order for the TEL-TREX canopies that they sell.
I decided to wait until they came in to look at them and really liked what I saw.
I told the dealer to go ahead and mount it for me as long as the tractor was there for a cylinder replacement. Dealer said he would mount at no charge and gave me good price on the canopy as well. I expect to have tractor with new cylinder and canopy mounted in the next day or two now.