Need a little help . . . Prince loader valve.

Marty394

Equipment
L3010 w/ Cab, RCR 1560, RB 1584, SMC Loader, KK II 60" Gear Drive Tiller
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Hi all! My L3010 has a Prince loader valve, possibly the LVR model, that is sticky. I'm overly familiar with hydraulic repair. So, I'm seeking the knowledge pppthe forum. The valve is a joystick version single lever, up/down/float, and curl/dump. The joy stick uses three ball/socket rod ends, and a straight pin that one ball/socket slides left to right on. About a month ago that pin broke while moving snow. after replacing the pin the next snow clean-up I noticed that the up/down was tighter, to the point of being sticky!

So tonight I disconnected all the ball and sockets to operate the up/down spool by hand. well it's sticky inside the valve. It won't spring back to center. Was kinda hoping that some locktite had gotten on one of the ball/sockets, no such luck. Also wondering if that spool would've been rotated 180 degrees if that could've caused the problem? Not sure if it may have been turned or not.

So question is: If I take the aluminum cover off and pull that spool valve out to inspect it am I going to have srpings and check balls falling out?? Oh, and ya I know about relieving the residual pressure and all that. Been in the auto repair industry for over thirty years, but not a lot of hydraulic repair experience. Any help greatly appreciated!!! Also the fluid was changed out last winter with 2 ruptured hoses, and an o-ring leak on a hydro filter.

Thanks, Bob.

Marty394

Equipment
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Say it isn't so!!! No response!!! This can't be a good sign!!!!

Bob

DickSnyder

Equipment
L185DT,L1200 FEL, Rear blade,Woods RCC42
Jul 29, 2011
Mt. Hood Parkdale, Oregon
Not really familiar with valves, but would think if you can find the part number off the valve, check the manufactors web site for drawing, would imagine they will be the best source for info.

Dick

Marty394

Equipment
Feb 28, 2010
Wisconsin
Yea , I tried the web site, wasn't much help. Seems they are more interested in selling new product than selling repair parts. May just have to make a call to the company to get some info.

Bob